Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    txkelley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2010, 02:42 PM
    What causes air bubbles to come out of the siphon jet of a toilet during flushing.
    My problem toilet sends air bubbles out of the siphon jet opening when it is flushed. I get bubbles first and then water. The bubbles disrupt the flushing action and slow it way down. The slowness of the flush seems to encourage clogs. To get a halfway decent flush I have to hold the lever down until the water actually starts down. The tank is filling to the fill line. My other toilet, that doesn't have a jet, flushes just fine. The one with the problem is located closer to the street sewer line.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 1, 2010, 04:25 PM

Has this been a problem from the startor did it come on suddenly?
    Are they big or little bubbles? The bubbles come from air trapped in the rim, (see image) .
    If I had to guess it would be that some of the rim holes are clogged and not allowing all the air to vent from the rim.
    Check the rim holes and if you find any that are clogged clean them out with a stiff wire or coathanger. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting large air bubbles out of the toilet jet following a clogged episode [ 0 Answers ]

Toilet was stopped up. After plunging and freeing the drain I had to remove paper debris from the jet as it was clogged. Jet is now free but I get large air bubbles from the jet when flushed. All other drains are fine as is toilet on opposite side of wall. Could there be air getting in jet...

Air bubbles from jet toilet [ 1 Answers ]

Help. About 4 weeks ago our downstairs toilet stopped flushing properly. We've tried to plunge it out and did not find anything. No reason to expect its clogged - I think. Also, when the toilet is first flushed air bubbles come out of the jet. I felt down into the bowl and the jet has some...

Air bubbles in toilet [ 2 Answers ]

Air bubbles in toilet what may be wrong?

Frequent problems with toilet flushing. BUBBLES TOO! [ 3 Answers ]

I just moved into a home and have noticed a problem with the one and only toilet in the home (single story, crawlspace foundation). The toilet tends to need help flushing. There are occasions where it works fine, but more often than not, the water (and the contents you just left in the bowl) just...

Toilet - Main Siphon Jet erupts with bubbles [ 9 Answers ]

I've got a 6 year old toilet and in the past 5 months it has not been operating properly. Sometimes (but rarely) we get a good flush but most of the time a LARGE amount of air comes from the front of the toilet's main siphon jet and then no actual siphon occurs. I can get it to flush easily if I...

View more questions Search