Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    momwithquestions Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2010, 01:44 PM
    Biological father could be dangerous for my son
    I have a 6 year old who has not seen his father since he was 2. When my son was about 4 years old, his "father" was sent to prison, again. Both charges were, lets just say assault charges, one with a gun... and the victim is my mother. I tried contacting the Legal Aide in my area, but they said they couldn't help me because we were never married. My question is, how do I protect my son from someone who I feel could be a threat to us? I would like to know if I can keep him from my son, because I have been told it is hard to strip someone's parental rights. I had to go after him for child support 4 years ago, but it kept getting postponed because he was always in jail for the court date, so he was never ordered to pay anything. I don't even want his money, I just want him away from my son, myself, and the man my son has called daddy since he was 2. What can I do? Please help, God bless.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 1, 2010, 03:49 PM

What visits or custody agreement is there, you stop it, but proving in court he is a danger to the child, the could may not allow visits or require all visits to be done though a court supervisor.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 1, 2010, 04:36 PM

Marry the man and have him file for adoption.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jun 1, 2010, 07:40 PM

Marry the man, GET A LAWYER, and try to strip parental rights, and have him adopt.

Your chances of doing this WITH a lawyer are exponentially higher than without one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm the biological father and want to be the legal father of my son [ 24 Answers ]

Hi,I just found out that I am the biological father of my 2 yr. old son through DNA testing.my son's legal father right now is his mother's ex live in partner.he just found out too that he's not the real father of my son.my son and the mom and the legal father is in New Jersey right now and I just...

View more questions Search