Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mercedeslopez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2010, 12:51 PM
    Can closing a child support case affect my food assistance
    I would like to close a child support case because the guy that signed the voluntary act of paternity for two of my kids, is not the biological father! It is 12 years later but I'm on public assistance and I want to know if I close the child support case will it affect my food assistance and medical card?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2010, 01:32 PM

So you've been lying to the "system" all this time about the paternity?

What do you mean by "closing the case"? If you drop the support issue Medicaid and public assistance can and will pursue him for reimburesment of what they give you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 1, 2010, 03:54 PM

Yes it can, but the state will continue going after them for payment if they are not paying you.

Of course so many issue, does not real father know he is a father. Does the person you are making pay, know he is not the real father ?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jun 1, 2010, 07:38 PM

So... you've screwed a guy over for 12 years, and now you want to screw the TAXPAYERS over?

I hope it DOES affect your welfare benefits! I sincerely doubt that you are living as a person on Welfare SHOULD live--that is, without new clothing, without cable, without internet, without a cell phone, without a car, etc.

If you can afford those things, you can afford your kids.

If you CAN'T afford those things, and the welfare is a short term (and by short term, I mean you've been on it less than 6 months, and PLAN to be on it less than 6 months more)--well, I'm sorry you've hit a rough patch.

If, however, this is something you've milked for the entire LIVES of your kids--well, you're one of those people that adoption agencies should target. If you can't afford your kids, you shouldn't get to keep them on MY taxes.

I wouldn't drop the child support thing, if I were you---because THEN you're going to be facing perjury charges for lying on the birth certificate, and MORE charges for lying to the Welfare agency.

I'm still in shocked disbelief that you would LIE for TWELVE YEARS about your child's parentage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can receiving ssi affect your child support payments? [ 14 Answers ]

I am currently paying 500.00 a month for child support for my disable 16 years old daughter. Her mother is also receiving ssi every month for her also. The mother is now trying to take me back to court for an increase in child support. Can my child support payments be lowered now that I have...

How can I change jurisdiction in my child support case [ 1 Answers ]

I was divorced in Florida and in the divorce my child support was automatically put through the state. Since the divorce both my ex-husband and I have moved to Colorado. When I moved in 2006 I moved my child support case to child support enforcement in Colorado. They had me provide all documents...

Dropping A Back Child Support Case [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 5 year old son from a previous relationship. I filed a child support order when my son was young but neither I nor the father followed through with it. My child's father has never been in his life. My husband has been his father for 4 years now. My son's biological father understands this...

Proving my case for child support [ 8 Answers ]

Hello- I'm a single mom with a son. My son's father has 6 kids and is crying broke for the modification I filed for 1/2 child care and 1/2 prescription costs (my son has existing medical conditions). I can't afford a lawyer so I have to prove my case at trial. How the heck do I do that? I know...

Dismissed Child Support Case [ 9 Answers ]

I was just wondering if anyone knew the answer to a question I had. If a child support case is dismissed with out prejudice, is the child support still owed? I would appreciate any answers or any references any one has to help me find out. Thanks

View more questions Search