Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    philemonphilip Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jun 1, 2010, 12:01 AM
    How to encourage my younger brother, when he has married against Family?
    My Brother had married a girl without prior informations to anyone of us. The girl is from an other religion. How can I help him/ Encourage him... And How to help my family accept this...
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2010, 07:49 PM

Reserve judgement, still treat him as your brother and make an effort to get to know and accept his wife. When you know more about his new marriage, his feelings, his wife and their plans for moving forward in life, perhaps you can support his efforts to win acceptance and openness from the rest of your family.

Simply meeting them for dinner would be a huge step in the right direction. Since they are now married, go into this with the attitude that you are going to open your mind - not that you are going to change his.
    philemonphilip Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jun 9, 2010, 10:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dontknownuthin View Post
    Reserve judgement, still treat him as your brother and make an effort to get to know and accept his wife. When you know more about his new marriage, his feelings, his wife and their plans for moving forward in life, perhaps you can support his efforts to win acceptance and openess from the rest of your family.

Simply meeting them for dinner would be a huge step in the right direction. Since they are now married, go into this with the attitude that you are going to open your mind - not that you are going to change his.
    Thanks your reply was helpful

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adopting younger brother and sister [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 22 and I was wondering what the chances are of being able to adopt my brother and sister. They are 4 and 7 and our mother left us a couple of years back to go and live with some guy. We haven't heard from her so I've been bringing them up plus she was always out so I brought them up before...

Scared of my younger Brother. [ 29 Answers ]

Some of you may or may not know that I have a younger brother. He is 17, and also weighs close to 200lbs, He's a big boy, and he has anger issues. Frankly, I'm terrified of him when he's angry. He has mental health issues (He's been diagnosed with a higher functioning type of aspergers) and...

Trying to get custody over younger brother [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Im 18 years old and I have a brother that is 15 both our mother and father is dead he is now in a program in ft. lauderdale. I want to get custody over him. Please give me advice on what to do.

Brother wants costody of younger brother [ 3 Answers ]

Brother wants costody of younger brother Hi my name is Russell and I'm from Minnesota and I have a younger brother that is 15 going on 16 and wants 2 live with me how would...

View more questions Search