Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ksharlandjiev Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2010, 12:19 PM
    How to reduce my diopters.
    Hi to all. I'm wondering is there some computer program, which can reduce my diopter. I'm short sighted. Thanks.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jun 2, 2010, 07:15 PM

No. There are no magic programs to diagnose and cure people. You must get a yearly or bi-yearly exam and get correction. Whether that be contacts, glasses, surgery or vision therapy.
    IDOC21 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2010, 05:55 PM

No majic bullet here. You have three options:

Prelex (pre-emptive cataract surgery)... not even an option for anyone younger than ~55 and costs about $12,000.

LASIK or PRK. i.e. laser surgery. You must be older than 18 with two consecutive years of a stable Rx. Cost: plan for $4,000 for both eyes

Orthokeratology: overnight contact lens wear. Sounds strange but is effective. This works well for teens and prevents myopic progression. Not available everywhere and plan on about $1,000 for fitting and lenses.

Note: none of these procedures are covered by insurance (vision or major medical)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex going after more CS, should we try to reduce? [ 3 Answers ]

My husband's ex is taking him back to court in 2 weeks. Long story short (ha!): They were divorced 8 years ago with joint physical and legal custody of their 2 children who are now 13 and 11. At that time, he was ordered to pay her $125/week support. She doesn't currently nor has she ever worked...

Reduce au sec [ 1 Answers ]

What does reduce au sec mean?

How to reduce 15 kg [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 31 year male. Gaining weight every day. My weight is currently 80 kg, I'm also short height on 5.5. bsides I smoke 25 cigrate every day.most of time at work I feel lethargic. Advice how can I reduce 15 Kg of weight in a month.without intensive exercise.please give me full plan Thanks

Reduce chest [ 3 Answers ]

Ihave done sex with men at age of15 now I am 20. I get very bad shape of my chest after being sucked by him, so please help me how to reduce my chest, answer me best I am in worry HOW TO REDUCE CHEST

Have to reduce my tummy [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am 28 yrs old. My obdomen has increased after delivery. Please help me how to reduce my tummy? Through excercises... please specify Thank you in advance

View more questions Search