Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    O_Troubles Posts: 313, Reputation: 20

May 31, 2010, 06:16 AM
    Foundation problems recent flooding can I claim?
    I had some recent flooding in my basement it is the first time as we had an unusually high amount of rain this past weekend and I noticed I had foundation problems and the rain probably made it worse am I allowed to claim? I'm with wawanesa insurance in canada
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 2, 2010, 08:15 PM

Are you sure you have flood insurance? They will not cover the foundation issue but may pay for the damages caused by the water. Ask your agent without filing a claim.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mud in pipe, slab foundation, insurance denies claim [ 10 Answers ]

Washing machine drain backed up, also backed up into kitchen sink prior to being completely stopped up, called plumber, used snake (through roof pipe), went approx. 20 ft. & hit mud, pulled snake out (showed my husband it was mud, not grease), said call insurance, insurance sent out plumbing/slab...

Will mulch against my house foundation cause bug problems? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently ripped out a ton of out of control plants along the side of my house and replaced them with a few small bushes and flowers. I filled in the remaining space with hardwood mulch (with 3 layers of newspaper underneath.) Since then I have been reading about a possible link between mulch...

Garage Settling/ Foundation Problems [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I bought a 20 year old house 6 months ago. The garage floor has settled and it slopes down in the middle. If it rains the water will pool into the middle of the garage floor. Additionally, the garage wall closest to the house sits directly above the basement wall.(see attachment) The corner...

Quit Claim problems [ 2 Answers ]

My mother signed a quit claim deed on her house following the death of my father. My sister and her husband took possession with the understanding that they would immediately refinance - but until they did so, would make the payments on my mother's mortgage - they also gave my mother money from the...

Foundation problems or settling? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me with cracks appearing in the walls of my house. I have lived here for about two years, and when we first moved in there were no cracks in the walls. Now there are a lot. Most walls are plaster, and the house was built in 1927. Any help would be...

View more questions Search