Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aimee_tt Posts: 340, Reputation: 143

May 30, 2010, 09:37 PM
    I want to help people
    Ok Im thinking about my future and what I want to do.

All my life I've wanted to help people. I haven't had the easiest life but compared to some my life was. I read the books by Dave Pelzer (not sure if I spelt that right) and after that I wanted to be a social worker or something as I felt like I needed to stop that happening again.

But my sister and brother in law told me not to do it. They said it's a hard job emotionally.

What types of jobs are there that help people that I could aim to do?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 30, 2010, 09:47 PM
    Hi, aimee_tt!

What sort of job experiences have you already had, please?

Also, in what ways would you like to be able to make a living helping people?

Thanks!

May 30, 2010, 09:51 PM

I have worked reception at a doctors surgury and an import export company.

I will be going to study for something but I just want to have a few ideas before I make my mind up.

Yes I am looking for paid work. I would love to do volunteer work but that's hard when you already have a job and other things in life.
    Uber Member

May 30, 2010, 09:55 PM
    What about helping parents with children or individuals where there might have been some kind of abuse going on? I do mean that the types of abuse could be broad-ranging in their scope.

May 30, 2010, 10:00 PM

I suppose I should just go do a social workers course of some sort and then once I have that behind me I can sort out what exactly I want to do.
    Uber Member

May 30, 2010, 10:19 PM
    You could also, perhaps even now, go to visit various types of social workers and "shadow" them for a certain number of days to see what specifically they have to do in the course of their work and how it affects them as well as other people.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Are people attracted to people with the same hair/eye color? [ 16 Answers ]

I'm a guy and I have green eyes and light brown hair and I am usually attracted to girls with similar features (i.e. green hair and brown hair). Also, most of my friends also have girlfriends/boyfriends who look similar to them... Are people usually attracted to people who have look like them? Or...

Interests of Wealthy people vs Less wealthy people [ 3 Answers ]

I know that it is a well know fact that affluent people often have very different interests (i.e. in sport) to poorer people, even when they live in proximity. Is there a theory that some geogpraher has made? Or is it just a common stereotype/knowledge?

We have to serve child first or old people when they dining with a group of people [ 2 Answers ]

We have to serve child first or old people when they dining with a group of people

View more questions Search