Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aninha Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2010, 02:18 PM
    I just cought my 11 year old masturbating and I don't know what to do can you help ?
    I just cought my 11 year son masturbating and I do not know how to react. Can you help me?

May 30, 2010, 02:23 PM

Is it normal for an eleven year old boy masturbates and how many times a day?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 30, 2010, 02:23 PM

Hello A:

Masturbation is perfectly normal for your boy. Treat it that way.

excon

May 30, 2010, 02:25 PM
    Hello ex;
    I understand but all the time?

May 30, 2010, 02:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aninha View Post
    hello ex;
    i understand but all the time?
    How should I act?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 30, 2010, 02:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aninha View Post
    how should i act?
    Hello again, A:

I haven't changed my mind. Treat it like it's an ORDINARY part of growing up, which it IS. He doesn't do it ALL the time. He's just discovered it. It's NEW. He's going to do it a lot. It's perfectly NORMAL for him to DO that.

excon
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2010, 03:16 PM

It is completely normal for boys to explore there new found "friend" and habit.

I think that you should read this site concerning broaching the subject with your son:Should I be concerned if my teenage son is masturbating?
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2010, 06:17 PM

Are you married hon? Or is the boys father in his life at all? Perhaps the male figure in his life if he has one, could help with this?

It's a very normal part of life. And if you make a big huge deal out of it, it could hurt him in the future.

At this point, I would just turn a blind eye to it when he spends extra time in the bathroom, or quiet time in his bedroom, which ever it is that he does.

Make sure he knows it's a private thing if he is doing it in public. But if he is being private about it, there isn't anything else to be done about it.

Unless he starts stealing your lotion like my brother did. In which case, you may want to buy him his own so he won't steal yours

May 30, 2010, 07:20 PM

I thank you all for the help and no he does not have a father.Thanks Jenni and Ex.. by the way I would you drink a Koolaid anyway.Thank you guys, I feel much better, Ani.
    dukelacaze Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2010, 05:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aninha View Post
    I just cought my 11 year son masturbating and i do not know how to react. Can you help me?
    u should let it be boys will be boys just inbrase it and u will see u will fill much better:D
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2010, 05:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dukelacaze View Post
    u should let it be boys will be boys just inbrase it and u will see u will fill much better:D
    Please read the site terms of service, or rules. This site does not allow "textspeak". It confuses the translation program.

Not to mention it makes some members' skin crawl from the lack of effort. Like mine.
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

May 31, 2010, 11:08 AM

I suggest you take him to one side and tell him that whilst you know its perfectly normal for boys of his age to masturbate you hope he will do this in his own room and his own time and explain to him that its not something he should do in any public area or place not associated with his own room, You'll need to knock his bedroom door, and the bathroom door if you don't want to walk in on him, whatever you do though don't tell him its bad or wrong, this will cause many problemes in his adult relationships. Good luck, I found my own son doing this and it was very embarrassing. I used to make a lot of noise as I was approaching his bedroom or the bathroom, this let him know I wasn't far away and saved us both embarrassment.

About (PositiveParenting)
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jun 2, 2010, 01:49 PM

Kids that age will do that.
    Tell him to do it in his room, if he wasn't in his room. Now that you know he's doing it, you might want to knock on his door if it is closed before you go in to his room.

Is his dad around? Maybe they should have "the talk"
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2010, 01:53 PM

I might take this advice - if I had a CLUE what it is.

What?
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2010, 03:37 PM
    Read the site rules please. There is no "textspeak" allowed here. Most of us have busy lives too, but we had the time to read the terms of service. And we have time to actually use English. That is not a phone you're using. This is not a text.

Furthermore, for you to be telling the OP to "inbrase"( which I'm guessing means embrace) her child masturbating, is questionable advice.

I hope you "fill" like reading the rules.
    yomama555 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jun 19, 2010, 03:06 PM
    Wow. I can't believe your making a big deal out of this. I'm 11 and I masturbate.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 19, 2010, 03:21 PM

I guess I would also follow up with how did you "catch" him and how do you know he is doing it "all" the time.

Boys do it, I mean he should not be doing it 5 or more times a day, but yes it happens.

Also long ago, he should be getting his privacy, I know with our 9 year old, he locks the bath door, we knock before we come into his bed room and so on.
    yomama555 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jun 19, 2010, 03:41 PM

Well I sometimes do it more than 5 times a day and I am 11
    kjhgcgcgvt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2011, 01:29 AM
    HE is a boy he will do it even if you tell him to stop. So let him be he will probably find a girlfriend & bone her.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2011, 09:59 AM

kjhgcgcgvt, this thread is old and already resolved :) please pay attention to dates :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't know what to do with myself! [ 4 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years and the past like 6 months or so we've been having problems and we were kind of together kind of not one day and there this one girl that he said he was friends with and she kept coming up contacting me and I never wanted to believe it and 2 days...

Cought tag swapping while on probation for retail theft, what's going to happen [ 1 Answers ]

OK so I am 21 years old and about 8 months ago I went to court for shopplifting at walmart... now to be honest I was scarred and I haven't taken something without paying for it since. My aunt is a sucker for saving money and taught me how to tag swap. I thought the store would look down on it but I...

My Wife was cought shoplifting at the Bay. I love her and don't want her to go to jail [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I was home working away on my computer waiting for my wife to come home as she was very late. I tried calling her cell phone and just got voice mail. Later my wife to my surprise told me she had been arrested for shoplifting at the Hudson’s Bay Company. I freaked out at this. This was...

What the name of this movie? [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I remember a movie where there was a flood Im not sure if it was from a storm or what but for some reason a group of more than three or just two had to get something from a casket or something buried in a grave yard but when they got there Im not sure how but the cakets ended up floating...

My fianc? Got cought selling ectasy to coppers [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my fiancé has got elevan acoounts ov drug dealing ectasy to undercover police on a Friday and Saturday night he had been on remand for a month then pleaded guilty at court 2 weeks ago so is now not on remand he is still in prison but its his first affnce and he is up with two other of his...

View more questions Search