Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rex123 Posts: 766, Reputation: 100

May 30, 2010, 01:28 PM
    MS walk
    Hey just wanted to post that the Walk for MS was today and it was awesome! There was quite a bit of people there. It was my 3rd time and my mom came with me this time. And she was able to do the whole walk with me. We went at 9:15 am and waited inside 'til it began. We took Rex in and he was great. I signed up and sat down. We waited for 45mins inside and Rex never made a peep. A few people came up and petted him, he looked so cute with his Hope MS bandanna on and someone from the local radiostation asked to take a pic of him and use it(probably in the newspapaer). We later went for the walk and it was good, even though it rained:rolleyes:.

At the end of the walk we went and grabbed a hot-dog for Rex and someone actually came up to me and said, ''Excuse me? Do you think I could give him a piece of my hamburger, he's just been such a good boy.'' I laughed and agreed.

It was a great day! I raised $273(my goal was $250) and even though that seems like a lot to me I wish I could have done more. Next year my goal will be $500. So today mom, Rex and I walked. I did it for a few reasons, for to help pay for research, for to help them find a cure, for all those who have MS, but most of all for my hero, my MOTHER!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 30, 2010, 02:01 PM

Moms are definitely great, rex's mom. MS most definitely must find a cure, but with recent technology, most seems to be focused on cancer research. With a mom like you, Rex can't help but be exceptional. After all he is a husky, very smart. I am glad that you raised that much ! I am in healthcare in Ontario and me and my son and my new dog, Brook, do all the runs for MS, cancer. My new dog has some rough corners, she was never socialized with other dogs so is extremely difficult on runs and walks to take her; we try. She needs work but is a wonderful girl in any other way.

Take care of Rex and just enjoy his company.

Hugs, tick
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2010, 02:28 PM

Great! Thanks for your participation and enthusiasm. My neurologist said that there will be a cure for MS soon. I am so glad that there are people like you who give it your best.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

May 30, 2010, 02:33 PM

I;m all teary eyed RM! Great job!!

May 30, 2010, 02:53 PM

Yes, I do hope they find a cure soon. Although it is not usually a fatal disease it sure takes a toll on those diagnosed and there families.

I'm just going to post a link to the personal stories from those who partake in the walk. I posted a story/poem there if you guys want to check it out, its entitled(of course) Rex, the family dog.

MS Society of Canada - Special Events - MS Walk - Participant Stories
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2010, 05:13 PM

Wow, that is so great! Brought tears to my eyes also. Way to go Rex:D
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2010, 05:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rex123 View Post
    Yes, I do hope they find a cure soon. Although it is not usually a fatal disease it sure takes a toll on those diagnosed and there families.

I'm just gonna post a link to the personal stories from those who partake in the walk. I posted a story/poem there if you guys wanna check it out, its entitled(of course) Rex, the family dog.

MS Society of Canada - Special Events - MS Walk - Participant Stories
    Well now I am truly crying that poem was beautiful:)

May 30, 2010, 05:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Dahlia View Post
    Well now I am truly crying that poem was beautiful:)
    Thank you, I wrote it last year(if I can remember correctly), unfortunately I still haven't had the courage to show it to my mom:o. I would really love to let her read it, seeing how it is for her.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

May 30, 2010, 05:32 PM

I bet your mom would love to read that poem! Who wouldn't? It's is beautiful. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I Just walk away? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi Briefly I was dating a guy for 6 months who began not making time for me and making excuses (although he text and called round about every 2 weeks! ) At one point after not hearing from him for weeks he gets in touch and tells me that he loves me and wants to be around me more etc. anyway I...

They walk among us. [ 4 Answers ]

*Caution... They Walk Among Us!* *One day I was walking down the beach with some friends when someone Shouted... 'Look at that dead bird!' Someone looked up at the sky and Said... 'where?? '* **They Walk among us! * ***

Should I just walk away [ 12 Answers ]

So me and my ex are considering getting back together. He broke up with me over 5 months ago after me not being the best girlfriend in the world, I took him for granted but realise my mistakes and am prepared to change a few things for him. We kept in contact the whole time we were broken up and...

Can I walk away? [ 3 Answers ]

Okay, here is my story. I live in an apartment complex in Florida. I have put in various maintenance requests, but only about 1/2 of them they forward to maintenance. I recently had to call code enforcement to resolve one issue. This resulted in my landlord absolutely hating me, but the job...

Should I walk away? [ 213 Answers ]

hey guys I am new to this site so please bare with me =) I am 26 year old male who I would say am a good looking guy, I own my own house, I have a good job etc... I guess what I am trying to say is I have a good life and I have a lot to show for. Now 6 montn I fell deeply in love with an old...

View more questions Search