Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danielc Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2010, 02:02 AM

I just came home at 430 and I'm sleepy. I'm sorry, but I will show you a drawing and I'm sure you'll be impressed. Please bare with me sincerely y0urs, daniel

May 31, 2010, 09:44 AM

I did not get home until 4:30am
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 31, 2010, 10:13 AM
    Hi, Daniel!

I'm doing some painting at the home of a couple of friends and am now on their computer. I have no Internet access right now at my home, because the phone has been disconnected.

Starving artist...

I'm looking forward to seeing what you can draw!

I probably won't be around this evening. But, I should be tomorrow, after I pay the phone bill!

I hope that you're having a great Memorial Day!

Later...

Thanks!
    unluckynut Posts: 294, Reputation: 23

Jun 2, 2010, 07:41 PM

Do you get any painting,learning magazines. You can can submit to them , they do pay you for that. I also but in oils any more. But this is what I did to get income from my craft. Have a open house with all your stuff put out to be bought, Small stuff at first is easier to get rid of. Paint t-shirts and anything you can get your hands on, book covers, furniture, tenna-shoes, purses. Things like this, people will buy stuff, have your bigger stuff out too, so they can see it.Tell them if they need something special you are will to paint for them.Your name will get around, make business cards to hand out. It will take time but it will happen. Your work is too good for it not to happen. Good Luck. At first it's easier to get 25 dollars out of someone then 100 dollars, at least at first.My first show I make over 3,000 dollars. You go big boy!
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2010, 09:17 PM
    I'm around now, danielc. I hope that you might be too!

Jun 3, 2010, 11:29 PM

I have not had a chance to download my drawing yet but I'll get to it. Thank for the info. Could you please elaborate more on the painting, learning magazines. The drawing that I'm going to show you was done I was 18.
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2010, 11:45 PM
    Are you praticed at using a number of different types of mediums, danielc?

Jun 3, 2010, 11:53 PM

I only work with oil because I figured it would pay more and when I went to the met in nyc almost all the paintings I saw were in oil. I also use liquin
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2010, 11:58 PM
    What's "liquin", please?
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2010, 12:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by danielc View Post
    i only work with oil because i figured it would pay more and when i went to the met in nyc almost all the paintings i saw were in oil. i also use liquin
    If you mean the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City, it's a huge place!

There, they have all sorts art that is done in various mediums. It can take a number of days visiting there, just to know what all is there!

Jun 4, 2010, 12:22 AM

I have to get up at 7am and its 3:20 here. Liquin is fast drying oil painting medium

Jun 4, 2010, 12:24 AM

You can mix liquin with oil color to the desired thickness.
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2010, 12:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by danielc View Post
    i have to get up at 7am and its 3:20 here. liquin is fast drying oil painting medium
    Then it would probably be best if we both got some sleep rather than starting something new right now.

Do you agree?

Jun 4, 2010, 12:34 AM

Yes, good night
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2010, 12:37 AM
    I hope and pray for you, a good and restful sleep and that your day tomorrow, is really productive and profitable in a number of ways, Daniel! :)

I'll be on here again, starting at about 12:00 P.M. your time, tomorrow.

Good night!
    unluckynut Posts: 294, Reputation: 23

Jun 4, 2010, 08:04 PM

I was talking about magazines you buy about oils or painting in general. Allot of them you can send in your pictures and sometimes they print them especially if you are using a new medium or new spin on the old new it was used. And you do get paid for this. Contact the company of the materials you use and sometimes they will endorse you, and send you free item to get you opinion. You can teach at seminars too. You submit to conferences also and they might send you information about conferences coming up. I like acrylics and they have conferences and chapters all over the place. You can look up HOOT that is a conference they have every year. Anyway have a OPEN HOUSE, invite all your friends over and they have to bring at least one person with them to see your work. Have all your work out big and little and in-between. They know people like restaurant owners who need art and so on , on, on. Every little bit helps. Go get'em!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much does an art professor make [ 12 Answers ]

I am going to an art school and I don't know what to major in that will give me a job. I am thinking about settling to be an art teacher. I would prefer to be a professor, but I have no clue how much they make. I will have to get a masters and I want to know that it will be worth all that time in...

Can felt-tip art (unusual and inspired) make big money? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a fluidly self-expressive artist with a particular (ultra speedy) style of my own (incorporating 'dancing' symbolised figures etc) plus a lesser line in multi coloured complex 'blocks' of colour that are very abstractly representational. I have never tried to seek an outlet for these except...

Can my employer really make me pay back minimum wages as a draw? [ 1 Answers ]

I am an inside sales rep and signed a simple contract stating I would get a three month draw of 2000 per month. I woul have to meet a certain level of production to get the 2000 or else I would receive a $1000.00 draw. I have been there for 11 weeks and I have received to paychecks based solely...

How to make thing better with art [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I have a real small question well I am an artist in paris and started drawing the eiffel tower and I messed it up half way through!! What do I do if my boss sees it?? :-/

View more questions Search