Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    omzig Posts: 119, Reputation: 19

Dec 8, 2006, 10:59 PM
    320 Meter Bases
    Is double-lugging permitted on class 320 meter bases, or do they have dual lugs for parallel service conductors?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2006, 03:18 AM
    When you say "doubling lugging", do you mean two wires under one lug?

This is OK ONLY if the lug is rated for two wires, and yes there are lugs with multiple ports for more wires per leg.

Check with the manufacturer of the meter for accessories or options availalble for the different lugs.

Most times, lugs do not come with 320 amp meters, and must be requested for the quantity and size of the wire being used, both for line and load.

I doubt a one port lug is available for two #2/0 wire, but there definitely is two port lugs that can bolt onto one stud. One port for each wire is much better, even if multiple wire rated lugs are available.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electrical Meter [ 1 Answers ]

Can a meter that the electric company reads be easily moved or moved at all? If so, is it very costly? Thanks.

Yield spread vs bases points [ 1 Answers ]

How is bases points calculated vs how yield spread is calculated when your making commission off both or individually? Thanks JB

John Deere 320 quit charging [ 3 Answers ]

I was mowing with my John Deere and it just shot off. I tried to retart after disengaging blades and it would barely crank. I charged the battery restarted the mower then pulled the positive battery cable and the mower died. It has the 21hp liquid cooled kawasaki engine. I have no idea as to...

Hair Color Bases [ 1 Answers ]

Is it okay to mix hair dye with the base of orange with another dye with the base of gold, and then dye my hair?

Power Meter [ 1 Answers ]

I need to find a single phase, 120 V power meter that will read up to 500 W from a 120 V line. Any suggestions?

View more questions Search