Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pdubb415 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2010, 06:27 PM
    Computer won't boot,no POST just the power light is blinks
    I put together a new Rig with new everything except a power supply and when I turn it on it comes one for a bit no post no nothing than it goes off and the power light will start blinking, constantly, once a second or so. I hit the power button, nothing happens. I unplug the computer, plug it right back in, and still the same problem. So I took it apart but together my old Comp using the old power supply it works fine I'm on it now.

So I took it back to the store the did a test it works fine there soon as I get it back home the same thing happens what's is going wrtong can any one help?

Specs

New Comp Old Comp

>CPU : AMD Phenom 2 x6 1055T > AMD Phenom x4 9600 BE

> Mobo: Msi 890gxm-g65 >Gigbyte GA-M57SLI S4

>DDR3 4GB >DDR2 4GB

I use same Video card in both XFX Radeon HD 5770
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 29, 2010, 07:01 PM

First thing you need to check is the memort moduels to see if they are seated properly. What tests did they run on your system ?

May 29, 2010, 07:10 PM

They did a simple plug in see if the Cpu would boot on another mobo and they they the same fr the mobo and then test them together they boot to windows fine. They put the ram in another comp it worked fine. Could it be my Power supply? Not strong enough? 450watt
    Internet Research Expert

May 29, 2010, 07:14 PM

450 should be fine. Are you plugging it in in the right places.
    It sounds like something is different between the store and home. Was the voltage spec the same on the power supplies?

May 29, 2010, 07:24 PM

No they had a 550 Watt. Ever things plugged in right. I had another Mobo before this one I forget the spec's but the cpu was AMD Phenom™ II X2 555 Black and it worked fine and it was a different Mobo too with same Power supply
    Internet Research Expert

May 30, 2010, 07:58 AM

The power supply could be your problem and the reason its not posting is because of voltage protection. You really need to check that first. Some had 12v and some are 5v. The newer ones have low voltage thereby making them "green machines" also at lower voltages the tend to run cooler. You need to check your specs or take back your completed motherboard and have it checked as a system.

May 30, 2010, 11:22 AM

Ok I got the Computer to work windows installed. But soon as I ran a Windows performance test it shut off and now it will not POST I unplugged everything but the Memory to see if it boots and it still a black screen the cpu fans is on the LED phase light are at phase 4 and it still will not go to POST. I took it out the Case like they did at store and Still no POST. What should I do
    Internet Research Expert

May 30, 2010, 11:40 AM

Take the board back for an exchange if it posted to install and didn't post again. Have you tried testing the memory one at a time? What OS are you trying to put on it?

May 30, 2010, 11:51 AM

I tried it with one Memory stick too. The Os is Windows 7. The Motherboard want beep on start up u know hoe it gives that one beep

May 30, 2010, 01:27 PM

How*
    Internet Research Expert

May 30, 2010, 02:43 PM

Maybe you should take the whole computer down there and let them check it. It just sounds really odd.

Jun 3, 2010, 01:31 AM

Thank you for all the help it was the Mobo I got a new Mobo and all is good thank you so much
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 3, 2010, 01:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pdubb415 View Post
    Thank you for all the help it was the Mobo I got a new Mobo and all is good thank you so much
    Thanks for keeping us posted. As you can see its not easy but can be accomplished through these boards. Keep us in mind if you have questions or need us again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Disk Drive green power light blinks 3 times [ 2 Answers ]

My computer is a HP Windows Home Vista. I'm trying to install a game disk. I insert the disk and it starts spinning. It will not compelte the process. Nothing comes up on the monitor. It tries for a very short time then the green light blinks three times. It repeats the 3 x's blinking 3 x's then...

Power led blinks rapidly blinks in my system. [ 2 Answers ]

Power light blinks in my PC.

Green power light blinks on monitor, and no picture [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot get a picture on my screen, and I cannot get the green light on my monitor to stop blinking, or go into resting mode. All the cords work great, because we hooked them up to my mom's montior and that worked.

Computer won't boot, but power light blinks [ 11 Answers ]

So I have this computer. It worked just fine for a while. But now it starts up, boots up into Windows just fine. After about 2 minutes or so, the computer will just randomly turn off. The power light will start blinking, constantly, once a second or so. I hit the power button, nothing happens. I...

Intel computer stuck in POST boot loop [ 8 Answers ]

Hi all, Thanks for checking out my problem. I built an Intel D865GBF desktop computer. Initiallaly installed Windows XP sp 1 and all was fine. When Windows XP SP 2 was available I update to it. Everything was running fine for over 2 years, then we got the dreaded BSOD, upon reboot we see the...

View more questions Search