Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dreamer12905 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2010, 03:27 PM
    Is my cat in labor?
    We just got a stray about almost a month ago. We took he to the vet after about 3 days of having her and he said she was in heat about a month ago and that she was pregnant. Now she's pretty big. Today her legs are like twitching along wit her tail kind of weirdly and abnormally. She's been crabby lately but today she's been all over everyone and not eating much. Also she's been way more active like looking around (for a spot to give birth?) but other then that there's not really anymore signs. Could she be in labor? I don't even know if its been long enough, but I think it might be. But I'm really not sure if she's in labor or not.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

May 29, 2010, 03:40 PM

Do you have boxes set out for her in secluded areas for her to give birth in?

Did the vet say how far along she was? Cats are pregnant for 9-10 weeks.

If she is in labor, then she probably won't actually give birth until the middle of the night. Just give her space. Cats can stop labor for up to a full day if they feel threatened or watched. Just try to check on her every now and then. If she seems distressed, or you think something's wrong, then take her to the vet.
    catcrazy567 Posts: 55, Reputation: 2

Jul 11, 2010, 10:21 AM
    Cats have been delivering kittens for ages. She will be fine. I have had three sets of kittens without any complications. Good luck!!

-fellow cat owner

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cat Labor [ 1 Answers ]

:confused::confused:My kitty started labor and delivered six healthy kitties but we think there still might be another one and it has been three hours since the sixth kitty. How do I know if there is still a kitty in her or not and if there is what do I do? Please help

Is my Cat in Labor [ 3 Answers ]

My cat is pregnant, she is shivering, and is lactating when I squeeze her nipples((last two days this began)). She won't eat, and hasn't She wants to be constantly around me or my other cats, And paces back and fourth to everyone. She is not nesting, or at least I haven't seen her nesting at all....

My cat is in Labor [ 1 Answers ]

My 1st Cat Is In Labor. What Should I Do To Help Or What Can Expect?

My cat is in labor [ 4 Answers ]

My cat has been in labor for 4 hr what do I do?:eek: :)

Cat labor [ 2 Answers ]

I'm pretty sure that my cat is about to pop. Her belly is huge and she can barely walk without laying down. I know that when labor starts cats lose their appetite. However my cat is still eating and even more than normal. Could she still go into labor if she still has an appetite.

View more questions Search