Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peacemaker129 Posts: 83, Reputation: 9

May 29, 2010, 03:07 PM
    Cartilage Piercing??
    Hi I've been thinking about getting a cartilage piercing but I'm super scared! I don't have the choice of a gun or needle :( so I have to get it done by the gun. Is it safe? What should I do?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 29, 2010, 03:53 PM

Actually the needle or gun is safe as long as it is done by a professional (I hope you are going that route). The gun is quicker and, as you can imagine it would be, and probably painless. Either way just wish for cleanliness and take care of it as advised and you won't have any after efffects as some people do because they aren't quite so clean.

Tick
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2010, 05:17 PM

To add to what tick said, clair's and icing's piercers are generally not professionals. Definitely look into where you're going before you get there.

Jun 1, 2010, 01:53 PM

Well I don't think I can get it anywhere but Claire's... or Icing. Which place should I go? Which would you do? Claire's or Icing?
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2010, 08:48 PM

Neither. I would wait until I was actually able to go to a professional place. If you can't get to a professional place now, it really is worth it to wait. Otherwise if your piercing is done poorly you may regret it later as well as wasted a bunch of money.
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2010, 06:50 PM

I have two cartilage piercings, one done by a gun and one done by a needle. I recommend the needle, to me it actually hurt less (it's sharper), and I've never had a problem with it. Over a year and a half ago I got my second one done by a gun, it got infected, ruined my cartilage and so on. I went to the place I got my first one done at and he told me that an earring is to dull to pierce ANYTHING with including earlobes. The earring doesn't pierce it tears the skin. Go check out a tattoo parlor in your area, my piercer (who has done 12 piercings on me, none of which got infected) said that getting a piercing done by a gun is worse than giving a child a needle and getting them to pierce it... I'd just wait until you can find someone good.

Jun 3, 2010, 09:56 PM

Thanks guys so much! I think I'm going to get it done with a needle ill convince my mum!! THX! :)))

Sep 24, 2010, 06:45 PM
    Well I finally got it done! And with a needle! The guy that did it was amazing he did such a good job! And you were all right! A needle hurts so much less! And everybody was saying "oh getting ur cartilage peirced hurts more!" and people without freaking cartilage peirceing were saying that! Lol but I for one thought it was painless and it looks awesome!!
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2010, 07:02 PM

That's great to hear!
    Remember to keep it very clean and if you can wear your hair up for a week so it doesn't bother it. Also, try not to change it for six months (I've had mine almost over 2 years and I've changed it once, they pierced it with a hoop and I needed a stud for work or I would have never changed it)

Sep 25, 2010, 06:37 PM
    Well I actually got a hoop for my first time and I go to a catholic school (its my last year thank god) but I'm not allowed to have a cartilage peirceing or a double piercing but I have both! So actually for the first week I wore it down 2 hide it but I'm very happy with the results! Its everything I've wanted!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cartilage Piercing [ 3 Answers ]

I got my cartilage pierced 9 days ago and it seemed to be fine. Now it's red and is tender. There isn't any puss or scabs but it hurts to touch or lay on. Is this normal or is it infected? :confused:

Cartilage Piercing [ 16 Answers ]

Is this piercing okay to do with a peircing gun?:D

Cartilage Piercing. [ 4 Answers ]

I'm new to this site. I just want to know if it hurts. Or if it swells when you sleepon it, Beacause I'm a heavy sleeper, I won't wake up if I sleep on it... I need a quick answer. I'm getting it done in like two hours.

Cartilage piercing [ 2 Answers ]

Does getting a cartilage piercing hurt?:eek: how is the recovery? And where is a good place to get it done? I was thinking pauls piercing?:confused::):confused:[

My cartilage piercing [ 1 Answers ]

OK, so I'm getting my cartelidged piercied tomorrow, and I don't know what will happen. Somebody help mee?! :confused::confused::confused:

View more questions Search