Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trixie572 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2006, 09:29 PM
    Right lower back pain
    I have had this pain now going on two weeks. It really seems to hurt the most when I bend over or raise my right leg to sit on the edge of the bed. Sitting down can also be a challage at times. I have went to several doctors and they can't give me a answer to what or why it is hurtting so bad. In the last few days I have been taking pain pills just to get out of bed and even that doesn't help if I happen to turn suddenly. Can anyone give me any information that might help (PLEASE)
    bkdaniels Posts: 140, Reputation: 12

Dec 29, 2006, 04:33 PM
    The lower part of the back is the most frequent site of disabling pain. The lower portions of the spine and pelvis, with their many muscular and tendinous attachments, are relatively inaccessible to palpation and inspection.

However, because of your description of your pain and your behavior during the execution of certain maneuvers to fully asses the nature of your problem, I am positive you pain is due to trauma. This trauma can include those injuries e.g. sprain and strain self-limited injuries usually associated with lifting heavy objects, a fall, or a sudden deceleration as may occur in an automobile accident.

Occasionally, these syndromes are more chronic in nature, suggesting that postural, muscualr, or arthritic factors may play a role. Patients with low back derangement or sprain may assume postures related to spasms.

Pain may be immediately relieved by local infiltration of an anesthetic agent. The rate of recovery depends on the degree of damage.

You should consult with your Physician for a referral to a Chiropractor, a Physician specializing in the back and spine for further evaluation. However, there is much you can do to assist in your recovery e.g. use Tylenol to relieve pain, rest and avoid positions that induce pain, and when sitting be sure to use correct posture by sitting with your back straight to prevent further injury.

Hope this answers your question!

REFERENCE(S)

1. MedlinePlus, 2006. MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia: Back pain - low
    kbo272 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2010, 01:30 PM
    I often have disabling pain in my lower back, but mine is usually from kidney stones. Have you had an IVP or any tests done to rule out kidney stones? If not and you have any of the symptoms below, you could be suffering from them:
    -Pain in 1 side of the lower back
    -Ripping/Tearing pain
    -Does the pain spread around your side towards the front of your body?

Any of these could be a sign of kidney stones. There are various treatments and remedies to help you deal with the pain until the stone(s) has/have passed.

Hope this helped!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pain in lower left abdomen [ 4 Answers ]

I have been having pains in my lower left abdomen where my ovaries are. When I sit down, walk, have sex, even move wrong. What could cause this?

Lower right back pain [ 2 Answers ]

When I get up the 1st thing in the morning I can't get out of bed right way. I'm in a lot Of pain and can't move because my lower right side of my back hurts BAD. Once I take a shower my back does losen up more. Does anyone else have the same thing happen?

Lower Abdominal Pain [ 1 Answers ]

I am 30 years old and have been trying to get pregnant for 4 months. Last month my husband and I had sex the day before and day of ovulation. The following few weeks I was feeling really nauseous and was sure that I was pregnant, however, I got my period exactly on day 29 as usual. I still did not...

Pain in lower left groin [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone I am 22 years old and have never had a regular period. I can't even remember the last time I had a natural period. But my concern at this moment is that I have a pain on my lower left groin area that I have had for about 2 months now and it seems to be getting worse. Its kindof...

Pain in lower back [ 0 Answers ]

My friend is having lower back pain, actually right above his buttocks. He says that it feels like a burning sensation that lasts about 10 seconds and then goes and returns again. He has had this pain for about 1 day. He has not lifted any heavy objects and doesn't believe he has pulled any...

View more questions Search