Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mama2007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2010, 11:36 AM
    My husband recives a ssi check we have 2 kids can they draw a check off him?
    Want to know if my 2 girls can draw a check off there daddy's SSI check?
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2010, 12:19 PM

Can my children receive dependent's benefits because I am on Supplemental Security Income (SSI)?

Answer
    No. SSI benefits are based on the needs of the individual and are only paid to the qualifying person. There are no spouse's, children's or survivors benefits payable.

Straight from SS homepage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What happened to my sons ssi check [ 3 Answers ]

What happened to my sons ssi check for the month of march 2010

Huskee rider how do you check for a draw on battery [ 2 Answers ]

I have a huskee ridder model #14av807p131 s # 1b010a10387 but if I leave it sit for a week battery is way low.. how do I check for a draw on it? Any help thanks I did put a new battery in it last week be today it was low again..

Can I garnish a ssi check for repayment of a fine for a relative ? [ 4 Answers ]

I live in Alabama. I had paid a fine for a relative to get them out of a local jail. They promised to pay me back with in one month and did not. My sister is the person in question,she is on ssi disability ,I wish to know if I can garnish her ssi check for $762.00 plus interest and court cost in...

Me and my son ssi check at tax time [ 2 Answers ]

I have a son that get ssi, He just turn 18 this past sept 16, 2007 He lived with me till he turn 18, I haven't reported this to ssi , cause we were waiting to see if this was going to last with him out on his own, he has moved in with his cousin. And has been there for 2 months now. But...

Draw Check Taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

I own a small recruiting firm in South Florida and have several Recruiters working on a draw vs. commission basis. Am I required to take taxes out of their draw check. The draw is a non-refundable "loan against comission"?

View more questions Search