Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leen321 Posts: 60, Reputation: 3

May 29, 2010, 10:11 AM
    What pressure water gauge?
    Hi... we also had a water pressure gauge installed in the crawl space... set to 65... but there is hardly any pressure to water at the backyward faucet. My father thinks the whole problem with popping pressure off in the bathrooms started with the Kmart 1/2 hose at the backyard faucet. How could this be> When the plumber came he tested pressure at backyard faucet at 110. The pressure gauge call was 275 which is fine because we needed it. I am beginning to feel my over 800 of plumbing bills has not improved anything. How do I approach this? Thank you.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 29, 2010, 10:20 AM

What is the material your pipes are made of?
    Copper? Plastic or galvanized? How old is the house?
    When the plumber came he tested pressure at backyard faucet at 110. The pressure gauge call was 275 which is fine because we needed it
    Nobody need 110 PSI and If you have 275 PSI coming into your home your house piping won't last too long. Tell me I misunderstood! Regards, Tom

May 29, 2010, 10:25 AM

Sorry.. not 275.. 65 coming into house now..

The pressure gauge that was installed was set to 65 PSI.. which appears not to be enough
    Eternal Plumber

May 29, 2010, 10:39 AM

What is the material your pipes are made of?
    65 PSI is the top limit. The average house pressure runs between 40 and 60 PSI. Where did the 110 PSI come from?
    Back to you, Tom

May 29, 2010, 10:57 AM

Copper pipes... 14 year old house.

I do not know where the 110 pressure came from. My father changed the float in the master bath, and this is when we noticed the change in pressure, (all of the plastic pop-offs under the sinks would pop-out and there would be no water, she washing machine would fill incredibly fast, etc. Had plumber come and he tested water at back of house faucet at 110.. He put on a water pressure gauge under the house and set to 65 PSI at the back of house faucet. The pressure gauge was not replaced we never had one to begin with, I guess that is what he said. . Next day replaced all lines under the sinks and to the toilets with white PEX. Now we have no pressure to water lawn. We are totally lost on this. Thanks for your help
    Eternal Plumber

May 29, 2010, 11:42 AM

We need to come together on terms.
    Does "water pressure gage" mean the same as a Pressure Reducing Valve? And what are "plastic pop-offs under the sinks"?
    Would they be angle stops or shut offs?
    One more time! What is the material your pipes are made of?
    Let me know, Tom

May 29, 2010, 11:49 AM

1.. Copper pipes
    2. pressure reducing valve
    3. 14 year old house
    4. plastic shut-offs.. pull out the water is off... push in the water is on. They have all been replaced.

Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water pressure tester gauge northern tools [ 2 Answers ]

Good morning, Two days ago the water pipes my house started banging big time! I thought it was water hammer. After Google(ing) / reading 20+ posts I did not have water hammer. Because I realized that water hammer occurs after a fixture is turned off. I have oscillation in my pipes because...

Oil leaking from water pressure gauge [ 2 Answers ]

I noticed a small puddle of yellow tinted oil on the floor by the water tank in the basement and upon inspection found that it is oozing out of the top of the pressure gauge. It was reading 65 psi and dropped down to 53 psi when I had someone flush the toilet. Does the gauge just need to be...

Water pressure gauge does not move [ 1 Answers ]

I noticed the other day that the water pressure gauge is at 48 psi and does not move. The pump cuts in after several minutes of running the water and cuts out a couple minutes later. I did not notice any change in duration to when the pump cuts in and when it turns off. Can it be that I have a...

No pressure in tank-gauge at 0 water flow to home is OK [ 3 Answers ]

I have water coming into the house so I know the well pump works fine. The problem is that there is no pressure in the pressure tank and the gauge is at 0. over the winter I ran the water to a steady flow so the pipes wouldn't freeze when the temps dropped to single digits what's wrong with the...

Pressure gauge for tank [ 5 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone could tell me why the psi will not drop on my pressure gauge for the tank . It will go up and stay at that and will not release. The gauge has been replaced and we also unhooked the pressure gauage and switch and let the water flush out. Thanks for any info you may have...

View more questions Search