Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Dec 8, 2006, 07:01 PM
    The Story of How Relationships Grow Up
    The Story of How Relationships Grow Up

Two people, young and full of promise, think they are ready for a relationship. So one day it happens only it eventually hits a bumpy spot. Because they are both won't take responsibility (WTR) for what each of them does, it spirals out of control in the blame game until one day, it ends hence:

WTR + WTR = no relationship :(

One of them, on the back side of the break up begins to grow up a little, looks back at what happened and realises they had a part in what happened. They become willing to take responsibility (TR). Unfortunately they are still not seeing the whole picture and so they hook up again with the one who won't take responsibility (WTR) and eventually hits a bumpy spot. Because one won't take responsibility, the one who will eventually figures out that they can't make them take it and ends, hence:

TR + WTR = no relationship :(

One day two people, young but more seasoned, meet, fall in love and begin to form a relationship. They are happy for a long time but one day it hits a bumpy spot. Since they both take responsibility for what each does, they work at it until they work it out, hence:

TR + TR = lives happily (mostly) ever after :)

The End (Comments and Critical Reviews welcome) :p
    s2tp Posts: 299, Reputation: 61

Dec 8, 2006, 07:07 PM
    LOL cute, makes sense!. wish it was all that simple! Thanks for sharing! :oP
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2006, 07:15 PM
    No no no... the man has to "starve" the woman. A woman wants what she can't have!! 11
    I KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT11! 1! 1

:D
    BlazingCold Posts: 130, Reputation: 31

Dec 8, 2006, 07:17 PM
    Classic val!!

Simple on the surface, yet infinitely complex.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2006, 11:25 PM
    Ummm... I was told that there would be no math!
    eisforx Posts: 34, Reputation: -1

Dec 9, 2006, 12:06 AM
    What kind of person is the one that won't take resposability? What do they have to take resposability of? A TR has to come from a previous relationship and a WTR is someone that hasn't had experience?
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2006, 02:23 AM
    Pretty good there Val. A way to illustrate what is being said over and over on this site.
    It's basically all about growing up ourselves as people and eventually becoming healthy inside, understanding and accepting and fixing our contributions (both good and bad) with past relationships that did not work, and meeting up with another healthy individual, who has done the same personal growth exercise and FINALLY having a healthy, loving relationship, that will last.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Dec 9, 2006, 05:36 AM
    All of your responses, such a delight, so infinitely you! LOL Thank you.
    Geoffersonairplane Posts: 1,195, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2006, 05:40 AM
    WTR + WTR x TR squared = ?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 9, 2006, 09:20 AM
    It can't get any simpler than that Val, They key is you must be kind of healthy, to have a kind of healthy relationship, with another kind of healthy person. Kind of!
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2006, 03:11 PM
    Good insight Val. It's also important for people to distinguish between what they can and cannot take responsibility for. I think a lot of young people sabotage themselves either by blaming themselves for things that they really have no control over (i.e. the other party's responsibility) or by blaming their partner for things that are really their own responsibility. Being able and willing to take responsibility is certainly important but so is being able to draw the line between what one is personally responsible for and what one isn't.
    mckenzie134 Posts: 647, Reputation: 67

Apr 23, 2007, 07:47 PM
    WRONG WRONG MAYBe a bit right. You need the woman to be wanting you and this is created by you making her feel like she misses and needs you!! 100 % true. The sooner people start believing this the more control and better relationship they will have. Don't let her have you all the time make her want you make her wait!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relationships [ 3 Answers ]

Well.. I'm really confused. I've been with this guy for a 3 years now.. Since high school.. And I really love him.. We have a sexual relationship but in recent months we haven't had sex.. I didn't notice how long it had been until my boyfriend pin pointed it out to me. I love him so dearly.. ...

How do you get these to grow in? [ 4 Answers ]

My teeth haven't grown in and its been about 5 months since I lost them. I am 15, and I was supposed to lose these when I was 11. I am freaking out! Is there any possible way that I can like make them grow in? I have never had this problem before.

Will I grow any more? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering if I will grow anymore I am 18 female I am 5'5. My mom is 5'6 and my dad is 6'1 and my younger sister is about 5'8. I know nutrition effects growth I had an eating diorder since I was 14 and I have been a vegitariean since I was like 5 or 6. I do try to eat more now. So is there...

Will I grow more? [ 3 Answers ]

I play baseball and have been for 12 years. Im 16 years old. My dad is 5'10 or 5'11 And My mom is 5'3". I am currently 5'9 and would like to know if I can grow anymore. I want to be at least 5'10" and My moms side of the family is somewhat short, but I have no clue about my Dads' because he was...

When will 30 yr old Grow UP? [ 12 Answers ]

My 30 year old daughter is emotionally a teenager. She blames me for most of her problems that she deals with. Her teen years were horrible for all of us. We as a family went to counseling to help us over come some of the problems. It helped for a while but then everything seemed to get stuck...

View more questions Search