Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    achrisjames1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2010, 02:19 PM
    How to prevent trees I(I don't know what it is) from producing berries
    A few years ago a weed started growing in the corner of my back yard. It threatened to over-grow and destroy a treasured rose bush. We did everything to contain it, including cutting it back and down, and removing the rosebush to another location. t continued to thrive (the weed) and now is a flowering tree which is quite tall and has taken over half of my back yard creating lots of shade and a lot of dark berries king of the color of black berries and they are sweet. They are messy and drop continuously on my new patio stones and leave a dark purplest stain.

I don't know where it came from, and the only positive thing is the shade but it doesn't allow anything else to grow. I don't want to cut it down but can I stop the berries"
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2010, 06:49 PM

I'm sorry but I don't know other that to buy a retardant and spray, but not knowing what kind of plant it is:confused:

I would did the sucker up and stop cleaning up the berry residue. Plant a berry free plant in it's place:)

Did you eat the berries? You said they were sweet, mighty brave of you:eek:

May 29, 2010, 08:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Dahlia View Post
    I'm sorry but I don't know other that to buy a retardant and spray, but not knowing what kind of plant it is:confused:

I would did the sucker up and stop cleaning up the berry residue. Plant a berry free plant in it's place:)

Did you eat the berries? You said they were sweet, mighty brave of you:eek:
    I know, my kids thought I was crazy to taste one but I thought, "what the hell" it can't contain much more poison than the food we buy in the supermarket. By the way, this sucker has grown taller than my house, so it's going to cost a pretty penny to have it taken down. However, thanks for your interest.
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2010, 04:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by achrisjames1 View Post
    I know, my kids thought I was crazy to taste one but I thought, "what the hell" it can't contain much more posion than the food we buy in the supermarket. By the way, this sucker has grown taller than my house, so it's going to cost a pretty penny to have it taken down. However, thanks for your interest.
    Can you post a picture, so someone will know what we/you are dealing with?:)

May 30, 2010, 05:46 PM

Hi Just Dahlia

I have a camera and I obviously have a computer, but I have no idea how to post a picture. Can you help me?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Berries bushes in Florida [ 6 Answers ]

I wonder what kind of berrie bush that would grow in hot south Florida. Zone 10. I don't know if blue berries or black berries would grow In this heat?? I know I have tried mulberry that required stratification which was a pain. And they still did not grow.

Is there anything to do to stop trees from producing nuts and berries? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Hackberry Tree and Hickory Nut Tree that I would like to see if there is a way to have them no longer produce nuts or berries?

Egyptian berries [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know what fruits and berries were available in Ancient Egypt at about 1800 BC? Captain O.

View more questions Search