Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    twinkie15 Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

May 28, 2010, 01:57 PM
    What if your bored over the summer.
    My dad says I should go to a camp with my cousin but I don't want to, but he says it would be fun and doesn't sound fun to me
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 28, 2010, 02:04 PM

What is your question?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 28, 2010, 02:08 PM
    What kind of a camp? -- language arts maybe?
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

May 28, 2010, 02:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    What kind of a camp? -- language arts maybe?
    When my children grew "bored" on summer break, I found things to help them.. mowing grass, cleaning out the garage, putting away their winter clothing, washing the cars. Dosen't that sound like fun? Camp will probably be fun sweetie... Try it.:D
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 28, 2010, 02:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkie15 View Post
    my dad says i should go to a camp with my cousin but i dont want to, but he says it would be fun and doesnt sound fun to me
    Let me see. When I was your age, my parents sent me to a Bible study camp (two summers in a row) and a Girl Scout day camp (for a week). At the Bible camp, I memorized the names of the books of the Bible in order real fast. I can still say the OT ones -- Genesis, Exodus, Lev---. At the GS camp, the best things I learned were how to ride a horse Eastern style (I already knew Western style) and fold the American flag correctly. And I didn't have to be at home weeding the garden and sweeping out the garage that used to be horse barn and cleaning the attic (in the middle of July). For free.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 28, 2010, 04:38 PM

My experience in a nutshell - if my Dad said I should go to camp (or anywhere else)... I went to camp (or anywhere else).

My house was definitely NOT a democracy. We did not vote.
    Uber Member

May 28, 2010, 06:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    My experience in a nutshell - if my Dad said I should go to camp (or anywhere else) ... I went to camp (or anywhere else).

My house was definitely NOT a democracy. We did not vote.

Same here JudyKay and WG.. I didn't even know what "bored" meant. My brothers helped in the garden during the day. When my Dad came home from work he helped them on their paper route.

The "girls".. my two sisters and I helped my mom do the canning. I hated it. Canned tomotos, canned peaches , green beans anything you can think of. My mom was making blackberry jam once and I thought if I turned up the heat on the stove it would get done faster.. Nearly burnt the house down and burnt the big pot of jam... I hate that stuff to this day.. :eek:
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 28, 2010, 09:28 PM
    Hi, twinkie15!

So, what sort of things were you wanting to do for the summer, please?

I'm literally never bored. If you would like to know why, please let me know on this thread.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

May 28, 2010, 10:19 PM

Hey Twinkie.. How would you like to spend the summer? Have you thought about what you want to do?

Maybe you and your Dad can come to a compromise. Camp sounds like fun to me... Be good kiddo... Kit

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paying child support during the summer, but I have her during the summer. [ 3 Answers ]

When we got our divorce, I didn't pay attention to the fact that I would be paying child support during the summer months too and I have the child during the summer. Can I file a petition for him to pay me payments during the summer months? I am basically paying him all year round.

How to not be bored? [ 5 Answers ]

See Im in sixth grade<going into 6th grade>and school is so boring the teachers always teach us stuff we already know and I'd rather do it myself! Im in gifted services and I know things ahead of time!! :( :( :confused:

I am so bored with summer [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! :) I'm an 8th grade student who just graduated from middle school. It's been 2 days, but I already feel bored with the summer. We live in an apartment complex, there are no friends around and I have nothing to do. We only go out when mom's boyfriend comes every weekend. I'm sooo bored....

Summer Switch on Furnace- on or off in summer? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an older model Carrier furnace for central heat in the basement; the AC unit is newer and outside. I noticed that the Carrier unit has a "Summer Switch". Should it be set to off during the summer months?

Bored [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 16, 153 pounds and I'm like 5'9. I want to loose weight because it would make me feel better. I have a pretty good workout schedule. I run, strength train, and swim. Sometimes I do a kickboxing dvd. BUT I need another alternative. I like to workout in my own space when people aren't watching...

View more questions Search