Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mark523 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2010, 11:42 AM
    Airbubbles in well water line
    I have a hand driven well 1 1/2 steel tip about 22ft deep hook to small tank and jet pump. When I went to use it this season I noted the water pressure has dropped and when I put the water hose in my pool to fill I get air bubbles coming out of it constantly. I have pulled pump and all fitting apart and resealed them before reinstall. Water pressures a little better but still not right and the same amount of air bubbles? Please Help!! Out of ideas!!

Thank you,
    Mark
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 28, 2010, 11:55 AM

You may have an insufficient supply of water from this well. If you leave it off for awhile and turh the water on do you get bubbles immediately?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 29, 2010, 07:56 AM

Your pump sounds like it's it's sucking air. This can be caused by a lowered water table or a break in the suction line. Try Balllengerbs advice and get back with the results. Good luck, Tom
    mark523 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2010, 08:08 AM
    I did and it seemed like more came out the frist few then it went back to a steady streem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air in water line from a water well water softener [ 2 Answers ]

This is a real puzzler. I have a Mark 89 culligan softener and have been getting air blasts ONLY from the outside hose spigot that does not go through the softener. When I use the bypass valve on the softener, I get the air problem throughout the house so it would seem that the softener is...

Where is a good location for a hot water tank on the main water supply line [ 3 Answers ]

I have moved my hot water tank to a new location in the basement. The new location is closer to the main water line. The best way for me to describe it is; from the street to my house to the water meter and from the water meter I have 7ft. Of 3/4" pipe. I want to run a 1/2" pipe to my hot water...

Utilizing a clothes washer line for an icemaker water line [ 3 Answers ]

Hello! A few years ago, I moved my washer/dryer from an inside washer/dryer inset located in my kitchen into the garage. I turned this area into a pantry and left both the hot and cold water valves protruding from the wall, as well as the 220 for the electric dryer. I'm tearing out the...

Replaced Main Water Line, Now Shower Line Is Clogged [ 3 Answers ]

We had a leak, so we had the water line and sewage line from the house to the street replaced. Now we have no water in the shower. Some debris most have clogged up the line coming into the shower. All the other lines are fine. My Dad is somewhat of a handyman and wants to fix the problem...

View more questions Search