Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LittZoe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2006, 03:23 PM
    My puppy has blood in his poo
    :( I have a 15 week old male, and he is very happy all of the time, but just to day I found out there is blood in his poo. He has had his shots and woming as well. It has been going on for 2 days. (I have 2 other dogs) Please help me!! :confused:
    j0sie87 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2006, 04:06 PM
    My dog had similar problems, but he had a lot of blood in his pee. We took him to the vet and was told he needed to be neutered in order for the bleeding to stop. The bleeding did stop after the surgery. But I'm not eactly sure if neutering your dog will help. Just an advice.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2006, 04:54 PM
    It may have been a serious mistake to let this go into the weekend. If your vet doesn't have Saturday hours, may as well call tonight. If you haven't been given a emergency number, the regular number may forward to a paging service. A number of things can cause blood in the stool, some worse than others.
    gvellianitis Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2006, 05:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LittZoe
    :( I have a 15 week old male, and he is very happy all of the time, but just to day I found out there is blood in his poo. He has had his shots and woming as well. It has been going on for 2 days. (I have 2 other dogs) Please help me!!!:confused:
    There might be an internal problem that is causing the bleeding. The best and only way you can find out what is actually going on, is by taking it to the vet. He can run some tests and find out exactly what's really causing the bleeding and then treat it. Good Luck!
    Herron3000 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2006, 11:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LittZoe
    :( I have a 15 week old male, and he is very happy all of the time, but just to day I found out there is blood in his poo. He has had his shots and woming as well. It has been going on for 2 days. (I have 2 other dogs) Please help me!!!:confused:
    I had the same problem earlier, 2 weeks ago. Go to your local vet and request a fecal test to be done on your dog. Take a sample of feces to the vet, if possible. My dog had a case of round worms. The worms can occur even if your dog has been recently wormed. Hope this could help.

Sincerely,
    Herron3000

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Puppy with blood in poop [ 9 Answers ]

I have a 9 week old poo-tzu, lstnight he woke up to go to the bathroom more than usual. This morning I noticed his poop was kind of runny, and looked like there may be some blood in it. Anyone know why this could be happening?? :confused:

Dog poo is off color [ 4 Answers ]

This morning when my dog went the toilet she did a few poos that were very white, they were dry and were crumbly. She also did poos similar to these this afternoon and I'm very worried. She also did not have her dinner last night or tonight. She is a white pure bred maltese dog who is nearly 2.5...

Puppy found that won't eat, blood in stool, dehydrated [ 3 Answers ]

What can I do to save this puppy I found in a box in the rain until a vet is available:confused: ? He is a very young sharpei, won't eat, looking for mother I think, so I put a ticking clock in his bed, blood in his stool (loose), dehydrated.

My four month old puppy has blood in his poop? I [ 4 Answers ]

My four month old puppy has blood in his poop? I assume this is abnormal. What should I do? What could this mean ?

View more questions Search