Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brit_1287 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2010, 11:29 AM
    My employer has been paying us in cash for about 9 months now.
    My employer has been paying us in cash for about 9 months now. He has been taking 13% out of ALL of our checks no matter what our w-4 says. We are worried that when tax time comes that he hasn't paid them or that we paid too much or too little. Who can we contact to have all of this investigated? Oh, and we were supposed to get Monday and it is now Thursday and we still haven't gotten paid...
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 27, 2010, 11:38 AM

I'd contact your local states tax office.

Does sound really fishy... and like they might be ready to go under.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 27, 2010, 04:30 PM

Yes, I would expect they are not turning in any taxes, you can ask them to give you a receipt for your pay, showing what withholdings are coming out of the pay, they may pay in cash if they wish, but are required to provide you with where the money is going.

I would call the Labor department to report

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My employer is not paying me 1099 [ 4 Answers ]

I am IT consultant working with my employer on 1099. I completed my last project in Jan 08, 2010. I didn't get paid for last 1 and 1/2 month. Now he is not answering my call or not replying my email. So what are the options left with me to get my money? I did one mistake is - At starting of...

Employer not paying salary [ 5 Answers ]

Hi All, My employer didn't pay me two months salary and has closed down the company. I took a transfer to some other company but still didn't get my two months pay. Do you think I can still go against him legally even if the company is closed? Quick replies will be appreciated . Thanks

Live in NJ, in 2008 worked 6 months in NJ, 6 months in NY for the same employer [ 1 Answers ]

How do I file NY state tax, which form Ineed to provide to support partial year

Employer not paying [ 9 Answers ]

I recently quit my job at a car lot where I was a sales man. My employer is refusing to pay me and states he doesn't have to because I was a commissioned employee and states I didn't meet my draw for the month prior and that I owe him. There was never any document signed that stated any money would...

View more questions Search