Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brightstar Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2006, 01:21 PM
    Toyota Duet 1998 Check Light 8 Code
    Hi,
    Friends I Want To Know This That My Toyota Duet 1998 Is Not Getting Started When The Ignition Is Turned On THere Is No Cranking Only The Engine Check Light Starts And It Blinks up to 8 times. What Does It Means? Any Help Considered As a Favour:) reply me plzzzz

Thanks
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2006, 02:26 PM
    1. Since your car doesn't crank, check your battery and starter motor. Ensure all battery and cable connections are clean. This includes connections to the starter solenoid. Make sure the battery is fully charged. Before working around the starter, disconnect the negative battery cable. Most cars will crank, even if they are throwing a code--so I suspect several things are going on here.

2. Consider buying a scanner, such as an Actron 9135, or borrowing one from Autozone. Plug it into the Data Link Connector and read all codes. Come back with what codes were thrown and I may be able to help. However, it sounds like you have a big problem and should probably take it to Toyota for servicing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toyota Camry light bulb replacement [ 3 Answers ]

The light bulb has burnt out on the gear shift assembly. I have a 1998 Totoyta Camry. How do I get in to replace it. Thanks Pam

94 civic check engine light code #1 [ 2 Answers ]

I just put a new engine in my civic(I called honda to make sure it was the right one) and the check engine light is coming on with a code #1 which is oxygen sensor problem so I replaced it but it is still on and when the car idols it goes high to low rpms.

Toyota camry overhead light replacement [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone tell me how to open the overhead light compartment in my camry in order to replace the light bulb?:)

CHeck Engine Code P1441 Question... [ 1 Answers ]

I got this check engine code on my 2001 Nissan Altima P1441 :( can anyone tell me what that is all about and what it means and what I can do to fix it :confused: . Thanks for your help :)

View more questions Search