Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmoore Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2006, 12:57 PM
    Bad tasting water
    We were having a problem getting hot water because we have a long run from the hot water heater to the kitchen and bathroom. The plumber recommended and installed a recirculating device near the hot water heater. Now the cold water from the taps tastes bad... a very strong taste of plastic.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 9, 2006, 12:32 PM
    Installing a recirculating system affects the hot water system. The cold water shouldn't be affected. What else did the plumber do? Regards, tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tankless water heater-good or bad? [ 6 Answers ]

We are going to need our ancient water heater replaced soon. We have been considering the tankless ones. I understand you get instant hot water only when you need it. Are these worth the extra money or are we better off with a new regular one. Thanks.

Bad luck, bad karma, or bad self-esteem? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently heard once again a comment I've heard many, MANY times over the past several years: "You and your husband have worse luck than anyone else I know!" and I have one question: "Why is that?" You see, just about the time we get to the point we can manage to keep up on all our monthly...

Bad smell from shower and tub when hot water is running [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I know that others have posted similar questions. The smell is becoming worse and I can swear that my eyes burn and I cough when I am in the bathroom area. When the shower or tub hot water is running, there is a burnt foul smell in the air. I have also smelled a rotten egg smell in the...

Kitchen water smells really bad [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, We have been having a problem with the water from our kitchen faucet, and only our kitchen faucet, no where else in the house has the smelly water. My husband thinks it smells like rotten egg, I think it smells like sewer! It is very bad in the morning and smells occasionly throughout the...

Fridge water smells bad [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a new GE fridge and had a problem with the water smelling like rotten eggs (literally) when dispensed out of the fridge. That filter lasted about 6 months and was the original one. I changed the filter and when I did the filter smelled terrible. I put in the new one and it worked great,...

View more questions Search