Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cloth738 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2010, 07:14 PM
    Mtd lawn mower troubleshooting
    I have a MTD lawn tractor with a 16.5 HP briggs. I stopped dead while mowing. It has spark, I replaced the in line fuel filter. It will start with starting fluid, so I believe it's a fuel problem. I took the fuel line off and tried to blow into the carb but I couldn't blow, it was solid so I took the bowl off and it blew fine. There is a fuel solenoid attached under the bowl, when I turn the key it does not move, could that be my problem? If so how do I check it, how much voltage should I get and when? Thanks, George
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2010, 07:24 PM

Yes it should click when you yurn the key on , but it does have to be grounded.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I troubleshooting my MTD lawn tractor? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi There, I have one MTD lawn tractor for many years. It is a MTD 14.5/42” 7 speed model. It stopped working during cutting the grass recently, and then I could not start this tractor any more. After then, I had replaced the new battery, new air filter, and the new spark plug. I had changed...

Mtd lawn mowers troubleshooting [ 22 Answers ]

Lawn tractor will not start. Had battery charged, goes to 15amp makes tatata sound when turn the ignition key. Please reply

MTD Lawn Mower [ 1 Answers ]

Mower won't start; I've tried jumping the solenoid & all I get is spark, it still won't start. The battery is new. Thx!

MTD lawn mower will not go into gear [ 1 Answers ]

I have a MTD 12.5 hp 38 inch cut riding mower that was giving to me.I put a battery in it and it runs fine, but when I put it in forward or reverse, it doesn't move.Can someone help me out.Thanks Mike

Mtd riding lawn mower [ 3 Answers ]

Hi every one I have a very old mtd riding lawn mower that my mother gave me but it keeps throwing the drive belt. My mother thinks that the way she was putting the belt on is wrong does any one know how the belt should go on its about a 1986 model mower.

View more questions Search