Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    allonmyown Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2010, 07:14 PM
    Moving on is hard
    Broke up with my ex 5 months ago. We've been together for about 10 months. Did NC for 5 months but today I went up on Facebook and looked at her profile. It set me back a bit. Curiosity killed the cat. I know I shouldn't have. I saw she posted some pix three months back. She goes out partying and have a lot of fun and hang out with a few guys. I am the one who did the broke up but still it's hard as I am still getting over it. I don't have as much friends as she does. I am not looking for a girlfriend at all. On the other hand, she's beautiful and can make friend and hook up easier. I got no reason to be jealous but it's totally beyond my control.

Sorry just ranting, it has been 5 months now but she's still on the back of my mind. It's getting easier day by day. Sometime I feel guilty for breaking up but I know I did the right thing but then over time your mind kind of forget that it was the right thing and the feeling crawl back on you. My memory is so bad, sometime I can't remember why we broke up. I have to keep notes to constantly remind myself.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 26, 2010, 07:52 PM

You will be okay. Do as she did, make friends, and have fun. That always worked for me.
    floaton Posts: 24, Reputation: 5

May 26, 2010, 08:11 PM

It's okay... as cliché as it sounds time heals all wounds. Well... at least it will make you forget them. Don't Facebook her again. Go out and enjoy yourself.

May 27, 2010, 04:16 AM

I do go out with friends, play sports etc. I just don't look for girlfriend. I think it's the guilt of letting go. In term of pain it's less than if someone was to dump me. Breakup sucks. I do love this girl but I had to let go. This time around, I just want to take my time.

The Facebook thing, I know I shouldn't have but don't we all want to know how our exes are doing? The Facebook thing started when I start seeing her friend and she start talking about her it stirred up my curiosity. She haven't remove my pix from Facebook yet and I don't know why. If it was me I would remove everything.
    DaisyBoo Posts: 10, Reputation: 6

May 27, 2010, 07:12 AM

Besides the Facebook thing I think your heading in right direction. You realize and know your reason for breaking up with this girl was the right thing for you. You know what you want and don't want and sometimes our mind plays tricks on us by rememebering the good times over the bad.

Don't worry about why she haven't remove the picture of you from her Facebook because then your just keeping the focus on her and you want your mind away from that zone. Just conyinue going on with your life and take it day by day.
    floaton Posts: 24, Reputation: 5

May 27, 2010, 10:11 AM

You sound like you're on the right path. She probably didn't remove the pictures for the sake of memories. But don't linger on it too much. Stay strong!

May 27, 2010, 10:23 AM

Facebook is so evil. I am still thinking about it. Probably going to take me a few days to get over this. I thought I would be over this breakup by now but apparently not. I was doing so well for the last 5 months. Had good sleep and all. Her friends put me through a guilt trip. "You let her go bla bla". I guess she told them the whole thing. I wish they know the reasons behind all this.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 27, 2010, 02:37 PM

Doesn't matter what they know, think, or do about anything.

All that matters is what you do for yourself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace existing hard drive with upgrade to larger hard drive? [ 6 Answers ]

How do you replace existing hard drive for a larger one and how to save info on existing device?

Having a hard time moving on. [ 4 Answers ]

Hello to all, If I might, could I ask a question please? I was dating a man that I enjoyed being with very much. However, after a short time of dating and having a great time, he called and told me that we could no longer see one another because he felt like he was cheating on his wife. She has...

Moving washer & dryer connections, adding a shower, moving a toilet [ 1 Answers ]

I know this is a lot for one question, but bear w/ me. We have a half bath in which our full size w/d connections are located. We would like to move them to the kitchen, about 15 ft away. We do have a pier and beam house. Any ideas on how much that would cost? Also, we want to put a bathtub...

Hard drive easy question! Help! And 1 hard one! [ 6 Answers ]

undefined I have two questions first is the hard one I tried out a trial version of "folder locker" which locks up and encrypts (I guess) your deata so no one else can see it when they are on your computer.. it also lkets you lock down entire drives.. so somehow I went to lock down my o drive and...

Moving while on probation from Georgia to Michigan how hard is it [ 2 Answers ]

My son wants to move from catoosa county ga to wyandotte mi how hard is it.All he has to do is pay his probation he doesn't see an officer.

View more questions Search