Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heymister Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2006, 12:18 PM
    Owner being foreclosed on we are keasing/TX
    We leased a home 3 months ago & signed a two year lease, we were just informed that the owner is going into foreclosure. The owner suggested we move in 30 to 45 days. We spent a lot of money moving in from a 4100 sq ft home to this home! We put down a deposit, we have done a lot of work in this home! Can we be kicked out of this home (Texas)? Does the Mortgage company, new owner have to honor the lease we signed for 2 years? Please, we need help, very stressful! Thank you in advance.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 8, 2006, 01:05 PM
    If he were selling the home, then they would have to honor the lease. But in a foreclosure, the lease can be voided.

I would make the owner an offer on the home. If you can find out what he owes, make the offer for just over that.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 25, 2006, 06:33 PM
    Comments on this post
    heymister disagrees: The person answering was not qualified!

Excuse me? What makes you think I'm not qualified? What about my advice was incorrect?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 25, 2006, 07:51 PM
    Scott is 100 percent correct, on foreclosures all leases will be void by law.
    Now what you need to do is go and talk to the bank, finace company or who ever it is doing the foreclosure and see if they will be willing to lease to you. ( or make you a very good deal to buy the property)

But as stated, if they were merely selling the house to someone, they have to honor, but on a foreclosure, they do not have to honor it.

** from Principals of real estate. I just finished taking the real estate course for the associate broker here in TN and this was just basic real estate law.

And I buy foreclosed and auctioned real esate.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 25, 2006, 08:27 PM
    Scott, I tried to remove hymisters comment, but I can delete your post or edit your post but can't seen to delete his comment, sorry

I don't understand except that perhaps you did not give him the answer he wanted to here.

Your answer is exactly correct and it appears he was lashing out for some unknown reason.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 26, 2006, 06:09 AM
    Hello hey:

If you want qualified, PAY for it. Here, we're just a bunch of nobody's volunteering our time - for FREE.

You should be a little more appreciative of FREE advice that YOU asked for, ESPECIALLY when the advice was RIGHT ON!

Am I qualified to offer this kind of advice?? I'm breathing, so I'm qualified!

excon
    Cvillecpm Posts: 553, Reputation: 28

Dec 26, 2006, 06:57 AM
    No - the bank/new owner does NOT have to honor your lease and Yes - you need to start looking for another place IF you have received bank notification of the foreclosure.

If the owner can bring the loan current, your lease will remain entact.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tenant in foreclosed property [ 3 Answers ]

The house I am renting is in foreclosure. I had a lease agreement with the former owner that is still current. What are my rights as a tenant?

Owner [ 9 Answers ]

Hi everyone, my name is Tess, Owner of Perfect Cleaning. My question was: How do you estimate certain jobs. I do new construction, apt moveouts, commercial, residential, and section 8 housing for the govt. I have done OK for the most part, but I always stress over the decision. Thank you all for...

Want to be a home owner [ 4 Answers ]

Please I need an expert to answer this question.Me and my husband have a house together, but we are not getting along right now, I want to leave and separate from him, and get on my own, can I request that he take my name off the house or can he even do that? Because I want to buy a house of my...

Owner of car [ 3 Answers ]

I and my spouse own a vehicle. I would like to know if a title loan is put on the car will I also be responsible for this loan which I did not sign.

Owner financing [ 20 Answers ]

I'm the seller, doing owner financing, which has turned out to be a nightmare! I had legal contracts that were checked out by an attny. It has been a year, they only made the min. pmts, no deposit or down pmt. But seemed to take exc. Care of the property and seemed very happy there. Without...

View more questions Search