Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    easyday Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2010, 01:37 PM
    I have a six by six by 7 foot deep hole, what do I use to fill it, before concreting?
    Old entry way sub floor rotted, it was above a non vented 6 x 6 x 7 foot hole. I want to fill in the hole and put in a concrete floor for tile. What materials and in what order should I use to fill the hole? Sand appears to be the main ground material present now, possibly clay beneath. Don't anticipate any water intrusion.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2010, 08:28 PM

Any kind of clean fill can be used. Would suggest power tamping after each foot. This will help with compressing of dirt over time.

Chuck
    DeucesWild Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

May 30, 2010, 05:40 PM

If the entry way is outside make sure you have drain tile going away from the house.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tiny, deep hole in my leg, size of a pore with black in it that doesn't come out. [ 2 Answers ]

Ive had this thing on my leg for at least 6 months or more. I can't remember anything happening where it is, so it isn't a result of picking or anything. It's not a black head. It doesn't raise above my skin, it's flat and pretty much just looks like a pencil mark at first. But it's a hole. I've...

Dap Out Hole - to fill or not [ 3 Answers ]

I removed an old shower base and will be replacing with tile. I found that there is a dap out hole around the drain pipe. There is no sign of any water coming from the hole or piping. Because I am tiling, I need to prep the floor with a solid base. I've read some other responses on this...

Dug myself into a deep hole and don't know what to do! [ 1 Answers ]

I've been an undergraduate student at McGill University for the past year and a half. I am in the Anatomy and Cell Biology Prgm in the Faculty of Science. My first term, I failed one course and did poorly on all the others. My GPA was about 1.90, which meant I was on Academic Probation. My second...

Sharp, deep foot pain [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I am 41 and have been suffering from almost debilitating foot pain on the right side of my right foot, up high near th pinkie toe. I've been a relatively avid speedwalker over the years, and even when I've hurt myself in the past, I've never experienced anything like this before. I noticed...

View more questions Search