Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    megandungan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2010, 07:28 AM
    Military child support
    I live and Texas and have a 9 month old son. The bio father is in the marines in North Carolina. He asked for a DNA test so I went through the A.G. and have done everything they have asked me to do. The Bio father refuses to send back any paper work for child support. He will be deployed next month and he has dodged every attempt to man up and pay child support. The A.G. says they will serve him with court papers when he comes to Texas. There is no way of knowing when he is supposed to come back to Texas. I am running out of hope to ever get child support for my son.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 26, 2010, 07:40 AM

Hello m:

Write a letter to his commanding officer. They don't like their marines to act that way.

excon
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2010, 07:52 AM

Ex is right. There is a code of conduct to follow when you join the armed forces. Quite a few of my family members have been in one branch or another (enough to cover all four major branches). Has the DNA test been done yet? If not what is the hold up? Is he not going to the testing facility to get the sample?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 26, 2010, 08:13 AM

Yes, provide all your documents to the commanding officer

Plus he can be served anywhere in the world, ( since he is military) he could easily be served where he is. As why that is not being done, you may have to pay for the process server to do it.
    megandungan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2010, 08:50 AM

The A.G. will only pay for the process server in Texas. How do I find out who his commanding officer is? Every time I try and call Camp Lejuene I get the run around and no one will tell me anything?
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2010, 10:03 AM

They don't have to give that information out to just anyone. Do you have the DNA test results from the court? If so provide that as well as any other court documents to the camp. That will give them more of a reason to give you information or transfer you to the right place. While, yes there is a code of conduct they have to go by they also know that there are some out to get them and not trying to get in touch with them for all good reasons. You need to provide them with something to back up your story (like I said court documents would be perfect).
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 26, 2010, 10:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by megandungan View Post
    How do I find out who his commanding officer is? Everytime I try and call Camp Lejuene I get the run around and no one will tell me anything?
    Hello again, m:

If you know the numbers or the name of his company, or his unit, or his battalion, you can ASK for your call to be transferred to the commanding officer of THAT particular unit. They DO have telephones. When you get that unit on the phone, ask for the commanding officers name and mailing address. This is NOT private information. His chain of command is NOT a secret.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support - 2 child living at separate parents - 1 child turning 18 soon. [ 6 Answers ]

I will try not to make this too long but I went through a 3 year court battle with my ex with our 2 kids who are now 17 (Daughter) and 15 (Son). My son has been living with his dad since he was like 9 because I let him. Court battle was dropped due to judge thinking my ex was lying after 3 years...

I owe back child support, will child support garnish the whole tax return? [ 3 Answers ]

Will child support garnish the whole tax return?

Military child receiving support [ 2 Answers ]

My Daughter graduates this month and is entering the military in Sept. (full time) Is she entitled for support from her dad still?

Child taken out of state, MILITARY [ 1 Answers ]

Myself and my soon to be exwife are going through court battles and vistation is not yet set but she is in the military and ever so convieneitly has gotten orders and will be leaving the state with my child. Do I have any right to stop this from happening? How?

View more questions Search