Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nikki3356 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2010, 08:48 PM
    How to apply revolution on guinea pigs
    I think my piggy has mites because she has been scratching and has crusty stuff on her lower and behind area. I read that revolution is recommended for the treatment on guinea pigs. I have read to use the puppy/kitten dosage. My guinea pig weighs 2 lbs 7 oz. Is it OK to apply the whole dose. One site I read said to apply 2-3 drops, another states to use the full dose, and another recommends 10mg. I am a little confused on how to apply the 10mg because the syringe I have is in ml. Does anyone have any information what the correct dosage is.
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2010, 03:32 PM

Call your vet.
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2010, 05:45 PM

Does it not give directions on the bottle?
    It should say per pound/kg...
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2010, 09:18 PM

I believe it's off-label for things other than cats and dogs - the box I believe only says that it's used for dogs between x and x weight, or cats.
    Kyleila Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2010, 12:11 PM
    It is probably safer to ask your vet. When my vet used Revolution on my guinea pig it was 2 or 3 drops behind his ears, and again one week later. Overdose can harm your piggie so it is safer to check with your vet first.
    Bortangie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2010, 10:55 PM
    I went to vet today because of my two guinea pigs that were contaminated with LICE! They also got perscribed with REVOLUTION with syringe. One of they weighs about 2.6 and the other one 1.1 and they both got perscribed with the dosage of 0.2cc once in 2 weeks for 3 times. You guinea pig weighs about mine so maybe trying 0.2cc? Please don't over dose. This can be critical to your piggy.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 12, 2010, 10:57 PM

Older thread, OP never came back.

Closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

New guinea pigs [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, So about a week ago I got a guinea pig for my birthday(he is just a tiny little guy). And today I got another one, they are both male and the same age, they were with each other in the pet store and got along fine. Are they going to fight when they get older? Also, the one is a...

Guinea pigs [ 2 Answers ]

I have two guinea pigs and I buy food from walmart it has all seds in it cat fod stuf any thing they can choke on asol my guinea pigs chocked on it a liter what should I do

1 of my guinea pigs died. [ 4 Answers ]

I had two guinea pigs. One male one female. Both 3 years old. The male died today and we are considering getting another pig to keep the female company. Is this a good idea? Please help!! :(

Guinea Pigs [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am 9 yrs old and today my piggie (Lucy) had babies. We moved her out of the cage with the other girl piggie (haha) when I noticed that Lucy looked like a pear. I was going to have my mom take her to the vet today but when we woke up we called her (the vet) to bring her in. It was at...

Revolution topical medication for guinea pigs? [ 1 Answers ]

We have three guinea pigs. The older one is very sick and is being treated by the vet for Sarcoptic Mange (mites) and a kidney disease. The younger two show no signs of the mites and seem perfectly healthy. Obviously, they must be treated but, frankly, the shots from the vet are too expensive. ...

View more questions Search