Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    twinmom05 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2006, 09:03 AM
    Single Mom Twins Horrible Father
    Hi everyone! Im an 18 year old single mom of twin girls. Alexa and Jade. They were born prematurely and Jade passed away after 10 days and now I have Alexa. Alexa has been in my care only since she was born and I do not work I stay at home with her. We recently just had a custody battle with her father who after 8 months decided to battle me for Full Physical Custody. I won full physical custody and we have joint legal custody. He is 17, though. They ordered him to pay $100 a month in child support, and visitation every other weekend. No health insurance, nothing. Ever since court, he has called trying to switch weekends, and was ordered to get involved in her medical care since she has medical problems, and also to not have her around a lot of peple and follow the RSV guidelines in prematurity. He has not done so. He thinks it is my responsibility to teach him of her condition without going to doctor appointments.
    He also will not reimburse his half of medical bills to me he would rather pay the doctor, which is crazy because I have to pay in full when services are rendered??

He has been in and out of rehab since I got pregnant... and has started heavily using drugs and alcohol, but won't admit to it. I have proof though. He also does not watch her himself when she goes to his house for visitation. Either his father, or his 21 year old stripper girlfriend does. An Im sorry but I do not want the kind of role model around my daughter. I want the abosolute best for my baby I don't just want to settle. I never knew my father so more than anything I want her to know her daddy I just wish he would act right...
    He thinks he calls all of the shots and it doesn't matter what he does no action will be taken against him about visitation or parental rights. I think otherwise and asked him to think about getting his life together if not for himself for his daughter to ensure she has a better life than he and I both had as children. Does anyone have any ideas on his visitation being revoked? Anything? I'm all ears
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 8, 2006, 09:14 AM
    If you have proof that he is back using drugs and poses a danger to your daughter, then, by all means, repetition the court for a change in his rights.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 8, 2006, 10:45 AM
    You take him back to court,
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 8, 2006, 11:30 AM
    Gather the evidence and go back to court.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2006, 06:10 PM
    I seriously doubt you can get his visitation revoked. You can perhaps get an order for supervised visitation only but to get it totally revoked is highly unlikely.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confused Single Mom [ 26 Answers ]

I am writing for two reasons: Single mom raised son & daughter ,I worked two jobs so they could go to karate, dance, extra activities, school clothes etc. Dad saw children on holidays by choice.. child support 50.00 weekly for 16 years.. Dad has his own family and large corporation on books ,now...

Having twins? [ 3 Answers ]

I am measureing 20 weeks and I'm just 18, twins run in my family and I've gain a lot of weight. This is my third baby and not like the first two. What kind of signs would you have if you were expecting twins?

Single mom [ 13 Answers ]

Daughter is 20, in the Navy, pregnant, and single. Baby's father is in the marines with three more years to serve. My daughter may/may not separate from the Navy after baby is born. She and baby's father are not together nor care to be. If she separates from the Navy, she would like to return...

How to view single record of ALL people at single address? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a table with addresses and names. I can easily sort it by address to see all the people living at the same address grouped together. However, this is problematic with mail-merges, since I wind up generating a new letter for each person, sending multiple mailings to the same residence. ...

Single mom wanting sole custody [ 3 Answers ]

I am due to have my baby on July 11, 2005 and I want to take my ex-husband to court to get sole custody. I work fulltime and rent a two bedroom house and my ex lives with his girlfriends parents and has had several juobs in the past year and never stays at a job for a long time. He has 2-3 felonies...

View more questions Search