Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    russharv63 Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2010, 04:03 PM
    How do you test to see if a power window moter is bad?
    I have a 1993 ford taurus 3.8L V6 automatic GL. I have a rear right side power window that will not work. I replaced the switch and it still won't work. I think it may be the motor. How do you test the "power window motor" to see if it is bad?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

May 25, 2010, 05:16 PM

If the fuses and switches are fine, you need to remove the door panel and check things out. Odds are the lift motor is bad.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Power window will go down but not up [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2002 Chevy Cavalier with power windows... this morning I noticed that the passenger side window will go down but will not go up, so I figured it's not the motor. The driver side window is working normally. Anyone know how I can get the window back up again? Thanks

Car won't start, no click and no power to radio, power window or locks [ 6 Answers ]

After installing a new starter on a 1999 2WD Explorer it will not start. There is no click when trying to start it, its just dead, and the radio, power locks/windows, a/c, and dash light don't work but the interior lights work and so do the headlights. We've had the starter checked to make sure...

Passenger power window will not move [ 2 Answers ]

Lowered the passenger window halfway down on my 93' Honda Accord and it will not go back up using either switch. I have checked the motor and it is okay. Checked the fuses and all are good. I even swaped fuses just in case I couldn't see a possible break, still no luck. I was able to raise the...

View more questions Search