Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carter323 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2010, 03:51 PM
    My partner thinks she wants to take a break
    Me and my partner have been together for just over 3 years. Until recently everything was fine, we love each other to pieces and always have. All of a sudden, she seems to have lost all joy in life, and just doesn't seem to care about anything and she is not sure why. My parents and her parents have both given us advise as they have been through the same sort of thing. They never took breaks but they went and saw someone about it which is what we are doing tomorrow.

The thing is that the problem is not specific to our relationship. She got a new job which she is not excited about, her mum has come over from overseas and she wasn't excited about that either. Also I know she does not have a plan set in place for what she wants in the future and I have heard that helps heaps.

She thinks she needs a break, I know I should respect that and it is difficult, I'm moving out tonight to the parents place for a few days to see if it helps as well. I don't want to do any of this because it hurts so bad and there is way too much for us to throw away. The thought of going on a break and her not coming back is unbearable. She just seems to have changed lately and has no passion for anything. I think there are a lot of issues involvedm none of which are actually part of the relationship but everything has been brought down to a low at once.

We are going to see a relationship person (I get an employee assistance programme through work and they are really good) tomorrow and both my parents and hers have recommended she see someone about being depressed, as it is not just the relationship that she has no passion for.

She says she still loves me heaps, but just doesn't feel anything right now in general not just around us. Has anyone else been through this? Any advise?

Thanks

I just really want some general opinions on this
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 25, 2010, 08:21 PM

You can only be patient, and see what the doctor/professional says and then act accordingly.
    floaton Posts: 24, Reputation: 5

May 26, 2010, 10:51 PM

Wait to see what the professional says. It sounds like she may just be having a rough time with life in general. Please try to be patient and understanding with her. It seems like you're doing good.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't really tell what she thinks. [ 15 Answers ]

So just like the heading, I am talking to this girl... and it's hard for me to tell how she feels. Girls I don't really care about are easy to read, but in this my own feelings are clouding everything. I can't tell if she likes me more then a friend. We will talk on the phone or through messages...

My partner thinks he has kosacoffs syndrome [ 1 Answers ]

Can u get treatment for kosacoffs syndrome and will it be there for life if he has got it:confused:

How do I know what he thinks of me? [ 2 Answers ]

I met this one guy a couple of weeks ago. Well, actually we met last year already, but everything we talked about was work related. We work at the same place, but we rarely work together... Anyway, we have now started going out. We went to the movies once, went for coffee today, and for now we're...

Don't know what he thinks of me [ 13 Answers ]

Hi! This is Neha and umm... I'm 11 n I really lik a guy and he's 16 ( I no 5 yrs older then me ) but I don't know what he thinks about me... n he;s miles away from me lik he lives in some other country... I don't think it will work out but who nos it might... help! :confused:

View more questions Search