Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jeha Posts: 81, Reputation: 10

May 25, 2010, 02:35 PM
    "Bad boys" vs "Nice guy" (confusing girls)
    Why is it that girls like "bad boyz" can some even explain that term to me "bad boyz"
    What is it about them that make girl crazy. To me all I see is, a girl making a bad decision-just from my friends it seems that their "bad boy" boyfriend usually ends up getting into introuble, going to jail, smoking(inhaling) too much(weed)(crack) etc, or causing her problems, so what's the point. Then I hear from girls that they want a nice guy, a guy that treats them well, who is smart, basically places them on a thrown, but when they get that, they ignore tat person and "run". Can someone just explain this to me, I was just wondering
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

May 25, 2010, 03:14 PM
    Jeha, are you wanting advice on this subject or a discussion? Advice means you are looking for help. Discussion means that you just want to get people's thoughts on the subject. In other words, maybe get a debate going about the subject.

If it is a discussion, then it will need to be moved to a Member Discussion Board.

Please let me know. Thank you.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2010, 03:18 PM

Those don't sound like bad boys so much as dumb boys.

May 25, 2010, 04:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    Jeha, are you wanting advice on this subject or a discussion? Advice means you are looking for help. Discussion means that you just want to get people's thoughts on the subject. In other words, maybe get a debate going about the subject.

If it is a discussion, then it will need to be moved to a Member Discussion Board.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Yes I'm looking for a discussion

May 25, 2010, 04:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoeMarie View Post
    Those don't sound like bad boys so much as dumb boys.

Lol I totally agree, but that is how my friends describe them, how would you describe them
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2010, 04:11 PM

I totally get being attracted to a "bad boy," but I think it's more of an image than anything. I don't think anyone really wants to be with someone that's a jerk.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2010, 04:45 PM

Jeha

Here is a good thread that was started a couple of years ago you should go and read , it will give you some good insight.

Name:  clickhere.gif
Views: 191
Size:  3.8 KBhttps://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...uy-230615.html
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

May 25, 2010, 05:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeha View Post
    yes i'm looking for a discussion
    Discuss away. :)

I think it isn't limited to females. Males tend to go for high drama personalities, too.

For some, it seems to be about 'fixing' the other person whether it be reforming the 'bad boy' or rehabilitating the 'fallen angel'. The 'fixer' is looking for a project.

Others seem drawn to the exact opposite of their own personality. As though they can find something in themselves by living through the other person. They want the other person to fix them.

May 25, 2010, 05:21 PM
    [QUOTE=Cat1864;2365840]Discuss away. :)

I think it isn't limited to females. Males tend to go for high drama personalities, too.

Do you think that this applies to certain ages.

May 25, 2010, 05:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoeMarie View Post
    I totally get being attracted to a "bad boy," but I think it's more of an image than anything. I don't think anyone really wants to be with someone that's a jerk.

OK then what do you think about this , my friend has a boyfriend but I just found out that they possibly broke up because he's in jail/ been arrested
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 25, 2010, 05:26 PM

Its not about certain ages. Its about attitude. Some men like to be "knights" and they seek out the drama or "martyrs" that seek out problem women. Then you have women that assume that because you're a "good" man you must be boring. But if you're a "bad" man then your exciting. And the saga continues. Even early on the most aggressive in the pack is the one that got the spoils. So in some ways its preprogramed in our genes.

May 25, 2010, 05:35 PM
    Even early on the most aggressive in the pack is the one that got the spoils.

What exactly do u mean by that?

You certainly are an expert, so tell me if a person is like that then even as they grow they may not change their view of attractions?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 25, 2010, 05:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeha View Post
    Even early on the most agressive in the pack is the one that got the spoils.

wht exactly do u mean by that?

you certainly are an expert, so tell me if a person is like that then even as they grow they may not change their view of attractions?
    For one thing this isn't my field of expertise. Im just going by life long observations. In the animal kingdom. The leader of a pack is usually the one that is most aggressive and is willing to fight for it. So in that respect its in our genetic makeup. The leaders choose their breeding partners before the others and usually get the major portion of the spoils from the hunt.
    kaylaluv Posts: 31, Reputation: 4

May 25, 2010, 05:51 PM

Some girls are attracted to 'bad boys' because either they are hot and provide a little adventure or its just something different for her.
    Then there are girls who go out with them because they are really nice and even want to help them.
    Then there are the girls who like the 'nice guy' because they don't want trouble and they want someone they can trust, that's nice, and will treat them right.
    There really are a bunch of different types of guys; the tough guys, the wresler guys, biker dudes, car guys, jacked/strong guys, sports guys, smart guys, funny guy etc.
    But I think a bad buy is a combination of some of them, with maybe some downsides like being a smoker.
    I have been with the tough guys, biker dudes, and wreslers. But I have yet to find myself a good guy. I tried to help some of the guys, just comfort them. But some relationships didn't end well.
    I'm not quite sure what to say but I hoped that helped.

May 25, 2010, 05:53 PM

OK thank you now I understand
    kaylaluv Posts: 31, Reputation: 4

May 25, 2010, 06:33 PM

No problem :)

May 25, 2010, 08:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    For one thing this isnt my field of expertise. Im just going by life long observations. In the animal kingdom. The leader of a pack is usually the one that is most agressive and is willing to fight for it. So in that respect its in our genetic makeup. The leaders choose thier breeding partners before the others and usually get the major portion of the spoils from the hunt.

You also helped me very much
    RadioActive697 Posts: 295, Reputation: 13

May 27, 2010, 03:23 AM

Personally I like nice guys but there have been times when I was attracted to bad guys. But I would prefer a nice guy over a bad guy any day. :)
    DaisyBoo Posts: 10, Reputation: 6

May 27, 2010, 06:42 AM

Some people like bad boys because they are attracted to trouble and like the edge. It like a drug to them.

For example; my friend have a good paying job, nice home, good credit, etc. However her love life is a mess. She pass up on the good guys who are on her level for a 50 cent looking guy any day. The more loser he is the more she what's him. She is into street guys who will either end up in jail or dead. I never got it and stopped trying to figure it out. Maybe one day she will wake up and maybe she never will.

I just know I will take a nice guy over a bad boy any day.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 27, 2010, 06:55 AM

Hello:

I don't know if this relates to women, but I'll bet it does. We ain't so different... Of course, I like nice girls - but I want 'em to be a little sluty too.

excon,
    Nice guy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fault " f dl " loose/bad connection or bad "control/ccu" Kenmore HE4T washer [ 0 Answers ]

Trying to determine if Fault " f dl " is loose-bad connection or bad "control-CCU" on Kenmore HE4T washer. As plomero posted in Feb , I have replaced the door latch mech. And still receive the fault... noting what mscreations posted in repile I wiggled the 4 prong at the ccu while it was in the...

I am what's called "the nice guy", what should I do? [ 3 Answers ]

OK I'm the guy you always hear about in movies, I'm the nice guy. I do all kinds of things for people then I get walked on, I make people happy and they turn on me, its hard to say no, I always come back for more pain and misery. What am I to do about this, is there really anything I can do? I just...

How common is "the nice guy"? [ 120 Answers ]

So I think from my (admittedly somewhat limited) dating experience, I've come to the following conclusion: If there is such a thing as an all-around "nice guy" he's rare. What's a lot more common are guys who are pretty obviously jerks, or else guys who most people /think/ are nice because...

Suddenly He's a "nice guy", now what? [ 3 Answers ]

I have previously posted about being in a pretty unhappy 17 year maariage with a lazy guys who has been physically violent with son ( at times), complulsive gambler, lied, ran up $ 42, 000 debt and I am working extra to pay for it. NOW... I finally have the confidence I need to take action. I...

View more questions Search