Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2006, 08:11 AM
    The Iraq Study Group
    Hello:

America just abdicated its responsibility to defend itself against Iran and in the process, left Israel high and dry. Indeed, he's trading Israel in.

Baker believes that Iran will agree to temporarily hold its fire in Iraq in exchange for US acceptance of Iran as a nuclear power and an American pledge not to topple the regime. Syria will assist the US in exchange for US pressure on Israel to handover the Golan Heights to Syria and The West Bank to Hamas.

But, the Jewish people are far from powerless, and are very capable of defending themselves. Interestingly, after decades of ambiguity, Gates said out loud, at his confirmation hearing, that Israel HAS nukes. If it's struck, it will strike back, and Iran (+) will be destroyed.

But, Israel isn't going to wait. Would you? The Iranians must know that they will be attacked. Do you know that Israel MUST now act to destroy the nuclear capability of Iran?

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 8, 2006, 08:26 AM
    Yes, the study is opposed by almost everyone, since it did not go far enough right or far enough left for anyone and really did nothing but to say keep doing what we are doing, plan for a withdraw if Iraq troops get strong enough

For some reason people don't understand that Iran does not want peace and will never deal with anyone from a positiion of weakness, they have us where they want us right now.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2006, 04:41 AM
    Excon

Thankfully subsequent events has shown that the Iraq Surrender Group's recommendations are DOA. (at least I hope so)

Honestly ,the whole exercise was a bizarre waste of time and taxpayer's money. Any useful suggestion they had is already being implemented . The balance of their calculation is pure realpolitik nonsense ;more remincent of the British 'Great Game'.

Hamilton we already knew was a Democrat hack they dust off whenever they need bodies for these meaningless exercises. Baker is old school 'stability for stability sake and to hell with any moral consideration regarding who you support or bargain with to obtain it" . Baker has a love affair with the Assad family in Syria and a lawyer /client relationship with the Saudi Royal family . Why he was seated with such an obvious conflict of interest is beyond me.

We both know that regardless of how you thought of the decision to topple Saddam,that the exit strategy leads through Damascus and Tehran . Without dealing with these 2 nations then the war against jihadistan cannot be complete.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2006, 09:06 AM
    excon

Still active on the other board Still perplexed over strange management decisions on who gets the boot. They are down today for maintenance .
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2006, 09:22 AM
    Hello tom:

Cool. Tell Its and the wolverine (and choux) to get over here. This politics board is boring...

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Group - A & Group-T shares [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I just want to know what are Group-A shares & Group-T shares and what we mean by that. On what basis this groupings are done

No news from my boyfriend from Iraq [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! Can somebody help me to found some info about my boyfriend in Iraq. I have no information about him for more than one month from 09 may 2003. He is US citizen, Anatoly Dukhovny , 47 years old, was sent to Iraq(Um-Kasr) from San Diego. Thanks in advance... Lielechka

Iraq, N Korea, Iran [ 78 Answers ]

Ok. We are in Iraq, Iran will possibly have nuclear weapons within the next two years, and it is possible N Korea could be fairly close if not already there. We are distracted in Iraq, so what do we do? THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT CUT AND RUN OR BUSH'S POLICY ON IRAQ OR Whether IT IS AN ILLEGAL...

I'm a soldier who lost a leg in Iraq. [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a soldier who lost a leg in Iraq. I came back home in darkness with so many bandages without anybody noticing us. I have made a vow to myself to reveal the lies of those who stole my life. Here is the truth they are trying to conceal from you As casualties mount in Iraq, so has the...

I'm a soldier who lost a leg in Iraq. [ 6 Answers ]

I came back home in darkness with so many bandages without anybody noticing us. I have made a vow to myself to reveal the lies of those who stole my life. Here is the truth they are trying to conceal from you As casualties mount in Iraq, so has the monetary cost of the war. The military is...

View more questions Search