Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ldobry7554 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2010, 09:09 AM
    Magnitude and Direction of Force
    A body is in equilibrium under the influence of three forces. Two of these forces act in directions inclined at 60 degrees. To one another and their magnitudes are 40 N and 30 N respectively. Find the magnitude and direction of the third force.

Help!! I have no clue where to even begin..
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

May 26, 2010, 06:59 AM

I answered a very similar question that you posted in the physics forum - see: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/physics/force-473309.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Magnitude and direction of resultant force [ 4 Answers ]

The force of 5N and a force of 8 N act at the same point and inclined at 45deg. To each other. Find the magnitude and direction of the resultant force. Explain how a parallelograme of law of force may be applied to velocities.

What is the magnitude and direction of the resultant force. [ 6 Answers ]

I have a question which requires finding the magnitude and direction of a resultant force (including angles as to be able to accurately draw on paper). The question is written as follows: "consider two forces, F1 and F2, of magnitudes 17N and 9N respectively, acting on a particle (diagram). what...

Finding the Magnitude and Direction of Force one with the Resultant Given [ 14 Answers ]

Determine the magnitude and direction theata of F1 so that the resultant force is directed vertically upward and has a magnitude of 800N. 9925 I have difficulty of where to start the problem? Do I sum up the forces of the x axis with unknowns in it and forces of the y axis with the unknown...

Magnitude and direction of net force [ 1 Answers ]

Two cars hit a stop sign at the same time. The first car is heading south with a force of 40N and the second car is heading west with a force of 25N. Determine the magnitude and direction of the net force on the stop sign.:confused:

Magnitude and direction of resultant force [ 1 Answers ]

I don't know how to determine what is an x and y component. I am trying to solve the following problem. Three people are pulling on a tree. The first person pulls with 15N at 65 degrees; the second with 16N at 135 degrees; the third with 11N at 195 degrees. What is the magnitude and direction...

View more questions Search