Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    linnW Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2010, 09:56 PM
    Is there any way to find out the results of a paternity test taken 27yrs ago?
    Hello to you all..
    Here is my situation. I stumbled across some information May2010 while searching Hillsborough county court records . The info was on a paternity test that had been taken by my mom and dad in 1982. My mom passed away in 2004 so I can't ask her about this. My dad will not say a word about what I discovered. I have 5 other brothers and sisters I am the youngest (29yrs old born in 1980). My sister was born in 1979. I have 1 brother born in the 70's the others were born in the 60's.
    Is there any possible way to find out who was tested and what the results were. I am very troubled by this. I also just found a copy of my parents marriage certificate. I thought they had been married before all 6 of us were born but come to find out they married in 1994 so no telling what they may be hiding.
    I can let the marriage part go, doesn't bother me but the paternity test thing is really bothering me.
    Anyone have an answer or suggestion?
    Thank you.
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

May 25, 2010, 11:42 AM

I am not sure how the British system works but in the USA those records are sealed or the names are given by initials.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 25, 2010, 05:13 PM

27 years ago isn't going to show much anyway. Its not like they were doing DNA back then. SO since your dad isn't talking about it then let it go.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tried to get paternity 10 years ago she was a no show [ 1 Answers ]

I tried to get paternity for a child 10 years ago and she was a no show, also there was another man claiming to be the father. She did not show for the court appointed paternity hearing I assumed she did not show because I was not the father come to find the mother was with holding the papers from...

In FL the father refused to show up for paternity test 14 yrs ago and now wants a tes [ 2 Answers ]

I live in fl and 14 yrs ago I was served papers for a paternity test an child support. I ignored it and the courts granted the order. Now 14 ys has passed and I want a paternity test. If the test comes back that I'm not the father will I still owe the back child support and will I still be...

Paternity test [ 3 Answers ]

Wondering what I have to do to get a paternity test done. We have been divorced for over ten years and I have been paying support. I found some info that the child is not mine and I want to get to the bottom of this. Please help me

Paternity Results before child support can be ordered? [ 3 Answers ]

What is the proper procedure? When my son's "so-called" daughter was 5, he received papers saying he was going to court for child support. How can they prove the child was his? A paternity test~ right? This girl could not receive WIC or other support because she earned too much at her job since...

View more questions Search