Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nighthawk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2006, 06:14 AM
    Occupational complaints of service workers
    What kinds of occupational complaints do service workers have? Would unionization may be able to help resolve some of those complaints?
    snflw275 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2007, 08:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk
    What kinds of occupational complaints do service workers have? Would unionization may be able to help resolve some of those complaints?
    What kind of occupational complaints do service workers have? Would Unionzation be able to help resolve some of those complaints?

What kind of occupational complaints do service workers have? Would Unionization be able to help resolve some of those complaints?

What kind of occupational complaints do service workers have? Would Unionization be able to help resolve some of those complaints?
    Is there any reason why a "new collar" worker would not want the same benefits and clout that "blue collar" workers were able to get by unionizing? What might be some of the reasons a "new colllar" worker would be hesitant to join a union? What do you feel are the future prospects of unions in the service industry? Why?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 5, 2007, 10:54 PM
    Low pay, no benifets, less than full time work,

At least in the US I believe that the day of the Unions are past, they have been weakened by various state and federal laws which allow a almost slave labor force. I have seen many companies merely close entire factories just to avoid going union and open up in another city
    ovixamar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2007, 02:35 PM
    What kinds of occupational complaints do service workers have?
    virginsmart Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2007, 07:46 AM
    Verbal abuse; Abuse of authority; Lack of written work ethics; Lack of written work guidelines or contracts; lack of effective communication by union officials just to name a few.
    These problems, are being experienced mainly in the construction industry. Employers, small to medium companies, lack the professional knowledge, and are being ill informed on how to deal with issues concerning all workers. Union representation, and effective communication, are lacking in the workplace. Employees have never met their union representative, however they pay dues. Does this union really exist?
    Employers take advantage of this situation.
    What can union members do in situations such as the above?
    karen26682003 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2007, 08:33 AM
    What kinds of occupational complaints do service workers have?
    Would unionization may be able to help resolve some of those complaints?
    Is there any reason why a "new collar" worker would not want the same benefits and clout that "blue collar" workers were able to get by unionizing?
    What might be some of these reasons a new collar worker would be hesitant to join a union?
    concernworker Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2007, 12:43 PM
    I want to know the answer to this question.

Nov 23, 2007, 10:30 AM
    Comment on virginsmart's post
    Because people everyday are experiencing these problems in there work place.
    mrscrabby43302 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2007, 09:19 PM
    I would also like to know the answer to these questions.

Nov 26, 2007, 08:56 AM
    What might be some of the reason a new collar worker would hesitant to join a union?
    lpop72 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2008, 09:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by concernworker
    I want to know the answer to this question.
    I think that unionization would help resolve some to these complaints. Let's look at it. There's industries that are unionized and when the firm that they work for does not comply with the proper work guidelines or ethics or when they don't want to provide adequate pay the union representative steps in and negotiates for the appropriate results.
    Stacy1204 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2008, 10:14 AM
    What kind of occupational complaints do service workers have? And would unionization be able to help resolve some of those complaints

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you reopen a Workers Comp Case? [ 3 Answers ]

I was hurt at work over 2 yrs ago and went to court 2 yrs later. My lawyer didn't supena any of the witnesses I gave him. The other parties that were for the other side lied. Needless to say the judge denied my claim. My lawyer told me that to appeal the case I would never win, so I tried doing...

A lien on a workers comp case... [ 4 Answers ]

If the father of a 13 year old boy receives workers comp and doesn't pay Child Support, there is a lien against his case but how long until I receive any asst from him?

Co-Workers? [ 16 Answers ]

All right easy question... Asking out people you work with, rules, thoughts? I go to different locals all the time as a Tech, but I have a few select girls I'd like to ask out, but what are the rules? How forward should one be about it? In a less formal situation I got it down but when...

Who is right? My accountant or my co-workers? [ 3 Answers ]

I presently live in a tax free state (NH). My primary office is in MA (has state taxes). My position requires that sometimes I must travel out of MA for 1 to several days during any calendar year. I also have been very recently approved to work from home (NH) 3 days each week. When filing my...

What to do if two co workers are spreading lies about you? [ 6 Answers ]

I have never used this web site before and Im at my witts end. I work as a hairdresser in a small shop and two out of five co-workers are telling my boss that Im doing things Im just not doing. One of them is telling my boss that she is physically scared of me and that I threatened the other one...

View more questions Search