Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Momworn Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2010, 08:15 AM
    Jail time probation violation
    My son did 5 years and got out 14 months ago. He is on probation. 3 months after being out the cops showed up and took him out of the house on a probation charge. Found out that some new P O went through his file and said during the sentencing he would have been on probation and caught a charge. (5 years earlier) they locked him up for 48 hours until lawyer got him out. They still had a court day and dismissed the time. Now he really has a violation, a dirty pee test right before he was getting off probation. They locked him up and said he has court in 60 days. How long would they give someone on a dirty test? Why would they prefer to see him lose his job, than fine him heavily and have him work. I am in VA. Where I live they will go after you for pot like you are a drug king. Not because it is my son, but why are they wasting all the county dollars locking up 39 people for dirty pee. Why not make them pay for drug rehab program, take their license, many things than 1st time dirty test 60 days in jail??
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 24, 2010, 08:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Momworn View Post
    How long would they give someone on a dirty test? Why would they prefer to see him lose his job, than fine him heavily and have him work.
    Hello Mom:

They'll probably let him out after 60 days. Why do they do what they do? I don't know.

excon
    Momworn Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2010, 09:00 AM

I hope that is the case. Thanks for the encouragement. I didn't know if they could give him the suspended 5 years.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 24, 2010, 09:02 AM

Hello again, Mom:

Oh, they COULD. I just don't think they WILL.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's the average jail time for first time probation violation in Texas? [ 8 Answers ]

Hey I got into some trouble a couple of years back, and got put on 9 months probation for a Class A Misdemeaner. I'm now being accused of probation violation for not fully doing all the probationary requirements on time. This is the first time for this and I now have a warrant out on me. I'm...

How much jail time for probation violation? [ 41 Answers ]

What is the maximum jail time someone could serve for violating (leaving state) a felony probation in Ohio?

Probation violation, Jail time possible? [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: Hi, my husband was charged with dui, and served 90 days in jail last year, was released on Sept. 18, 2007, and has been on probation since then, which was supposed to end on June 21, 2008. He had his license suspended, which in turn, cost him to lose his job, because as an auto...

Probation Violation - Jail Time [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend got in trouble a few years back for stealing hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of stuff in Michigan. Since then, he's served his time. He cut 4 months from his sentence for good behavior and getting a job in prison. However, he is on probation for the next 3 years. This year,...

View more questions Search