Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moekhan Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2006, 03:56 AM
    White Tongue
    I have recently noticed my tongue color turning white and I have been spitting a lot lately. I am a smoker and since June 06, I have been smoking pot a lot. I completed my diploma and started doing it like once or twice a week in the summer but that escalated to every single day. I haven’t been able to sleep lately either. I am usually up till 3 -4 in the morning.

I AM SOOOOOO SCARED B/C THESE SYMPTOMS ARE CONSISTENT WITH STD SYMPTOMS. Due to the lack of sleep, I am usually tired and because of the regular chronic use I am performing poorly in school.

Does anyone know what or why this is?? White tongue, Saliva, Sleeplessness, etc.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 8, 2006, 01:29 PM
    You need to be seen by a physician to see whether this is an STD. Also, you might want to quit smoking pot!? :rolleyes: You will end up dropping out of school if you keep it up.

Let's see, do you brush your teeth at least once daily? Most drug addicts don't. Well, that could be it too.

Dec 10, 2006, 11:20 PM
    Thanks for your reply.

And Yes I do brush my teeth. I feel uncomfortable until I brush my teeth in the morning right away. However, this has been the reply from most of the people.

Some people have even suggested the brushing of the tongue, which I already do.

Anyhow, I have finals now and will get it checked out after...

Keep replying

I can't quit the habbit... ITS JUST TOO GOOOD... haha :o
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2006, 11:35 PM
    Thrush? Oral yeast? You'd need a prescription from a doc to clear it up.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 11, 2006, 04:34 AM
    Yes, thrush, well that is oral yeast.

And if you CAN'T quit then it is not a habit, it is an addiction.
    nadja550 Posts: 7, Reputation: -1

Dec 25, 2006, 11:47 PM
    All Of The Above Recommendations Are Accurate! It Could Be A Yeast Infection Of The Mouth - Thrush. Brush Your Tongue When You Brush Your Teeth... try Twice A Day... morning And Night. And Drink Lots Of Water... could Also Simply Be A Bad Case Of Chronic Cotton Mouth From Smoking Pot. If The At Home Stuff Doesn't Work You Neeeed To See A Doc.
    rachelclosson Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2006, 08:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by moekhan
    I have recently noticed my tongue color turning white and I have been spitting a lot lately. I am a smoker and since June 06, I have been smoking pot a lot. I completed my diploma and started doing it like once or twice a week in the summer but that escalated to every single day. I haven’t been able to sleep lately either. I am usually up till 3 -4 in the morning.

I AM SOOOOOO SCARED B/C THESE SYMPTOMS ARE CONSISTENT WITH STD SYMPTOMS. Due to the lack of sleep, I am usually tired and because of the regular chronic use I am performing poorly in school.

Does anyone know what or why this is???? White tongue, Saliva, Sleeplessness, etc.
    Ask your doctor about thrush, its pretty common, (yeast infection).

Feb 9, 2007, 06:40 PM
    Thanks guyz for all of your input. I did get it checked out and the doctor wrote me a prisc. Thanks once again.

Tc
    maebarr Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Feb 12, 2007, 05:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by moekhan

Does anyone know what or why this is???? White tongue, Saliva, Sleeplessness, etc.
    I would like to say first, that I am not a medical proffession. However, a white tongue is one symptom of thrush, I am sure if it is not treated in a timely manner it can cause other probems, I doubt it is STD, but get to the doc.
    nardcorekid Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2007, 07:42 PM
    Yeah.. it is a case of cottonmouth.. really nasty spit that just chills on your tongue I had that happen just brush you tongue really good and it will go away... nada to worry about.. now don't brush to where it bleeds.. lol then that is tooo hard

Aug 15, 2008, 04:01 PM
    Ok all the answers were wonderful.. now almost a year later... Im pleased to announce that I actually managed to finish my degree last year... Thanks for all your answers

Tc

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tongue Piercing [ 35 Answers ]

I just thoguth aobut tongue piercing and began imagining how mad it would be. Having a piece of metal in your mouth. I want to get one of these when I'm older, because its pretty easy to hide, and doesn't make you seem like a punk or anything (unlike eyebrow studs or anything. Can people tell me...

Tongue Twister [ 4 Answers ]

If a bra is an upper topper titty flopper stopper, And a jock strap is a lower decker pecker checker, And a roll of toilet tissue is a super duper doody pooper scooper, What do you call a Japanese drummer boy whose father has diarrhea?

Skin hanging under tongue. [ 3 Answers ]

I am just getting over a cold and during the cold I noticed an ulcer or cold sore ontop of my tongue for a few days. Now when I look under my tongue I have what looks like a piece of shin hanging down it is sore and hangs down about 1/8 of an inch. I have taken a picture for you to see. ...

Black spots on tongue [ 6 Answers ]

I have black splotchy spots on my tongue. There is no swelling, pain or sensitivity. What causes this?

Spot on tongue [ 1 Answers ]

My son is 6 months old and has had a spot on the top part of his tongue for about a week now. It was pretty small but is now about half the size of a dime. He has new teeth coming in on the top but the spot seems too far back and too far to the right for him to have made it from him biting himself....

View more questions Search