Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    greasynorm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2010, 06:05 AM
    Where is temperature sending unit 1991 civic
    Just replace head gasket and now temp gauge doesn't seem to be working, have checked fuses? Where is the sending unit located? Maybe we didn't reconnect it.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

May 24, 2010, 06:10 AM

Under the distributor. It has a one-wire connector. The two-wire connector goes to the ECT Sensor.
    greasynorm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2010, 01:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TxGreaseMonkey View Post
    Under the distributor. It has a one-wire connector. The two-wire connector goes to the ECT Sensor.
    Thanks TGM. It was just what we needed. Had just replaced our first head gasket and temp gauge wasn't working. With your bit of info found wire we hadn't connected and where to look for pin.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing oil sending unit [ 1 Answers ]

I feel stupid asking this but attempting to get the old unit out out of a 1998 Dodge dokota I can not get the wire disconnectd. It appears to have some type of clip holding it on. I am afraid I will break it if I put too much pressure on it. Is there a trick to getting it loose. Thanks

Sending unit wires [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 72 gmc pickup truck,and I can't locate the wire that goes to the fuel gauge and connects to the sending unit ,can anyone out there help me with this problem Thank you

Heating unit is sending cold air [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Trane Model TWE065E130A1 that is currently blowing out cold air, when in Heat mode. In addition, my outside unit seems to run continuously. At night, I have heard the airhandler unit constantly clicking on an off... Could my problem be the Heat Strips? Tom in Texas

1992 Chevy S-10 oil sending unit [ 1 Answers ]

Where is the oil sending unit on a 1992 Chevy S-10 2.8 Liter?

View more questions Search