Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    f1ash17 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2010, 09:33 PM
    Visa issue for domestic partner
    I am a US citizen who is returning to the US. My partner is seeking employment in the US (she is an Australian citizen). She has contacts in NYC for job opps, but what are the key things she needs to consider upon arrival in the US, in dealing with customs and how difficult is it to obtain a visa in the US as an Australian citizen.
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

May 24, 2010, 01:10 PM

She will need to get the visa before she enters the US, if she wants to work. As she is an Australian citizen, she is under the visa waiver program, and if she enters as such, she cannot file for a change of status.

Her eligibility for a nonimmigrant work visa is determined by her educational background, work history and position requirements. For this situation, the most common visas for Australians are H-1B, and E-3. good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Arizona Domestic Partner [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know if there are laws in Arizona about domestic partners? My situation is if I split with my domestic partner do I legally owe her anything? Can I be sued for Palimony? Spousal support? Do I have to give her half of everything? Any answers will help. Thanks:confused:

Domestic partner imputed income [ 1 Answers ]

My clientand his girlfriend (opposite-sex) were domestic partners, so that she could get health insurance benefits through his employer. Then, they were married in October and filing married filing jointly For the 1st part of the year, the health insurance benefits were reported as imputed...

Domestic Partner Eviction [ 3 Answers ]

How do I evict a live in boyfriend?

View more questions Search