Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CrazyKid112 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

May 23, 2010, 12:22 PM
    Im cutting!
    Hi I'm in year 8 and I've been cutting myself since year 7 it started from stress and depression of the death of one of my close relative.
    I told my best friend and she's been really upset about it. She's still supportive though...
    I also cut myself because my boyfriend gives me hassle and stresses me out it got that bad that I just blurted it out in a middle of an argument he now is panicing about me. I don't
    Think I should have told him. And now my other friend knows because I told her when
    I got myself upset about it. I only wanted to tell my best friend but because I can't keep anything in its ended up with three people knowing. My mum has seen cuts on my arms
    ( I've been using general kitchen knives the most ) but I've been saying its my cat I also have been cutting my legs. I say its my cat. I can't talk about it too them but they are already suspicious! My best friend has been trying to help me but I don't like the feeling off talking to someone about it. I'm really upsetting my friends... I don't know what to do. What should I do? Please help xxxx
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

May 23, 2010, 12:30 PM

Do you know how much it hurts people when they read something like this? Someday you will go to far and hurt or maybe even kill yourself.

Death is final sweetie.. you can't change your mind. Why are you cutting yourself?

The life God gave to you is a gift!
    Treasure it. Tell me why you're doing this? Do you mean you are eight years old or you are in Eighth Grade?

Listen to me... If this relative you lost knew you were doing this, would they be pleased? I think not.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 23, 2010, 12:46 PM

What you need to do is ( if in school) go talk to your couselor to try and get professional help for this.

If not, talk to your parents, yes they will freak a bit, but this is a solution to a problem that is really worst than the problems you are trying to solve.

In 10 years you may not even remember this boyfriends name, they come and go, Please get help
    Uber Member

May 23, 2010, 12:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    what you need to do is ( if in school) go talk to your couselor to try and get professional help for this.

If not, talk to your parents, yes they will freak a bit, but this is a solution to a problem that is really worst than the problems you are trying to solve.

In 10 years you may not even remember this boyfriends name, they come and go, Please get help

Get help litlle girl... Please! Keep posting OK? We'll help you if we can. Bless You sweetie.:)
    Megan2810 Posts: 46, Reputation: 2

May 25, 2010, 02:53 PM

Hi,
    Im in year 9 and when I was in year 8 one of my friends was cutting themselves I wasn't the best help because I don't like blood or anything like that so as soon as I heard I kind of went into panick mode .
    I understand that just saying stop won't help because my friend said every time he saw like a razor he had the urge to cut himself the only thing I can suggest is that you should talk your best friend and tell her everything and when your feeling really stressed and your thinking about cutting yourself talk to your best friend it doesn't have to be about the self harming anything to make you feel happy also find a hobby maybe dance classes , art classes whatever your interested in like a stress releif thing
    Hope I've helped !
    Keep us posted ! X
    Uber Member

May 25, 2010, 03:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Megan2810 View Post
    Hi,
    Im in year 9 and when i was in year 8 one of my friends was cutting themselves i wasnt the best help because i dont like blood or anything like that so as soon as i heard i kind of went into panick mode .
    I understand that just saying stop wont help because my friend said everytime he saw like a razor he had the urge to cut himself the only thing i can suggest is that you should talk your best friend and tell her everything and when your feeling really stressed and your thinking about cutting yourself talk to your bestfriend it doesnt have to be about the self harming anything to make you feel happy also find a hobby maybe dance classes , art classes whatever your interested in like a stress releif thing
    hope ive helped !
    Keep us posted ! x
    Read what Megan and Fr_Chuck and I have advised... Please get help.
    MadisonKnudsen Posts: 45, Reputation: 4

May 25, 2010, 03:16 PM

I went through a depressing stage too when my close relative died but I didn't cut myself I was 5 when it happened and I'm 14 now and I'm fine cause I had family support and they talked to me about what I was doing but I'm not going to say what I did... Their's this movie called thirteen starring Evan rachel wood and Nikki Reed, Evan plays this girl that was so good in school but becomes friends with the character Nikki is playing which is the popular girl in school Nikki's character gets Evan's character to do a whole bunch of bad stuff and soon Evan's character starts cutting herself and doing drugs, this movie is amazing you should watch t if you haven't seen it.
    Uber Member

May 25, 2010, 03:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MadisonKnudsen View Post
    i went through a depressing stage too when my close relative died but i didn't cut myself i was 5 when it happend and I'm 14 now and I'm fine cause i had family support and they talked to me about what i was doing but I'm not gonna say what i did....Their's this movie called thirteen starring Evan rachel wood and Nikki Reed, Evan plays this girl that was so good in school but becomes friends with the charactor Nikki is playing which is the popular girl in school Nikki's charactor gets Evan's charactor to do a whole bunch of bad stuff and soon Evan's charactor starts cutting herself and doing drugs, this movie is amazing you should watch t if you haven't seen it.
    Very sweet thought!
    CrazyKid112 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Nov 10, 2010, 02:11 PM

Hey Guys,
    6 months on and I think I'm doing really well, I'm in a new year in school and I've started a fresh... I broke up with my boyfriend and found someone completely new, who just kind of was always there and never noticed. My friends still don't trust me when I'm upset but that's understandable from previous experiences with it. You guys have really helped and gave good advice, I have realised I was being pathetic and looking at handling strain in the wrong way.
    Thanks guys I mean it xx
    Megan2810 Posts: 46, Reputation: 2

Nov 11, 2010, 09:35 AM

I'm very happy your better now, good luck in the future ! :)x
    SweetDee Posts: 534, Reputation: 51

Nov 12, 2010, 06:18 AM

Just wanted to copy and paste my post that was anwered about pretty much the same subject matter:

I wouldn't exactly say "I know what to do". I also understand that her life is very messed up or cutting wouldn't be happening. I spoke with all the people in my family that are therapists (and there are MANY) and I was told that cutting releases anxiety and stress apparently, so "cutters" need that kind of outlet or they feel like they can't get "relief".

I think that perhaps a close friend can approach her with this knowledge and try and brainstorm some other ways she can release her anxiety. Like make a list of alternatives, (ie: running/jogging till feeling subsides, get a thick skin veg and a toothpick and stab it till.. etc). Use your imagination to help her figure out ways of exhausting her need to damage herself... cus ultimately I was told that she needs to damage herself due to feelings of unworthyness, even if she doesn't realize that feeling exists. Also, I was informed that cutting becomes a habit over time, as it has... so she needs help reprogramming her mind to grab something external (that ISN'T SOMEONE ELSE), and not internalize her aggression toward herself. Her anger and her habit go hand in hand... so she needs to premeditate a new solution for her next episode of cutting by putting her new idea IN PLACE BEFORE her next upset. This way she will have that alternative there and available. Hopefully she'll use it or stop her cutting short... and switch.

Anyhow that's the best I can do with the info I have. I hope it has been of some usefullness. Take care and I hope that you or your friend will have the courage to step up and take the risk to get involved...

As far as her telling someone, does she have a close family member.. (doesn't have to be her parentals, if they're not close)? Or friend of family that's an adult? Maybe a good friends mom that she likes a lot? A teacher that she likes? THERE HAS TO BE an adult in her world that she can confide in... maybe YOUR mom?

I thought I had some pretty decent alternatives to cutting and to whom you can potentially solicite some help from... even if your parents aren't the best suited for the job... there are people out there that really love you and you needa find the courage to keep reaching out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My frind stop cutting or other ways then cutting [ 3 Answers ]

My closest friend cutts because she was verbally, physically, and sexually abused. But I don't know how to help and its hurts me that she feels that she needs to cut her self to hind the pain. She tried killing herself 3 times and stopped cutting for 1 month but couldn't take it anymore

Why do I like cutting [ 4 Answers ]

I have been cutting on and off for about 2 years, its not that bad, usually just scratches, but there's on spot on my arm where I ALWAYS do it and its gotten so I really like the feeling of cutting it, and I crave the feeling of either scratching it or cutting it, so my question is why do I like it...

Craftsman riding lawnmower cutting off in middle of cutting grass [ 1 Answers ]

Craftsman Riding lawnmower is cutting off in middle of cutting grass and then start it back it will cut for awhile then do again. Does sound like it isn't getting gas. Can some on help.

No more cutting [ 4 Answers ]

How can I not be anxious and frustrated when I try to stop cutting?

Cutting myself [ 2 Answers ]

I stopped cutting myself for my boyfriends sake and I have the scars to prove the cuts he didn't and doesn't like it when I hurt myself on purpouse but know he has broken up with me I have starved myself and I have tried to cut myself well I have a problem I think it some mental disorder to of my...

View more questions Search