Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kmfreeman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2010, 11:31 AM
    Hunter Ceiling Fans Troubleshooting
    Hunter Celing Fan - has both pull chains and remote. Pull chain was used to turn on fan instead of using remote; now, the remote will not work. Any suggestions??
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 23, 2010, 11:37 AM

Does the hand held remote light up a small red light when you press the buttons?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

May 24, 2010, 10:45 AM

Does it not work for the fan OR the light?

Make sure the fan is set to high and the light to "on".

If it still doesn't work you may need to replace or bypass the receiver.

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor breeze ceiling fans troubleshooting [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Harbor Breeze Armitage ceiling fan that was installed about 2 years ago. Several weeks ago, I turned it on at the wall switch as usual. Athe light came on but the blades do not move. I hear a humming noise when it is turned on. I have read about a "capacitator" part that may need to be...

Harbor breeze ceiling fans troubleshooting [ 5 Answers ]

Our fan and light worked fine up to about three months ago when the light stopped working. I removed the bulb, thinking it needed replacement but it looked fine. It was tested at the hardware store and they confirmed nothing is wrong with it. Remote shows ability to adjust level but nothing...

Hunter Ceiling Fans [ 1 Answers ]

Remote control fan turns on by itself

Harbor breeze ceiling fans troubleshooting [ 1 Answers ]

I have a harbor breeze ceiling fan that has a remote and no pull chains it was working fine until I blow a breaker in the room, fan works but light won't come on. Changed all three bulbs one was blown and just got a little flicker in one or two light bulbs but light still won't work help please

Hunter ceiling fans [ 1 Answers ]

The Hunter ceiling fan I have sways or swings a lot when it is on it's highest speed; the downrod is about 18 inches from ceiling, what are some possible fixes? Also sometimes the light or the fan will just come on by themselves, the fan is on a remote and a switch

View more questions Search