Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ains711 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2010, 09:05 AM
    What are the definite nj penalties for unisured car
    What is the definite penalties for having no auto ins. Is it definite u will loose your license,jail, is the judge the one who decides this or is it mandated by the state?Please help anyone who has been in the situation in nj being helped by Public Defender.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 23, 2010, 09:09 AM

Hello a:

Having no insurance is just a traffic ticket. I'm sure you can look the penalties up on the web. But, there's more to this story, isn't there? Tell us, if you really want help.

excon

May 23, 2010, 09:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello a:

Having no insurance is just a traffic ticket. I'm sure you can look the penalties up on the web. But, there's more to this story, isn't there? Tell us, if you really want help.

excon
    I got pulled over got ticket for registration suspension and no insurance. I did not know I was suspended for registration, I bought a used car months ago as a trade in put on existing insurance and thought I paid for a yr with the money I got back with trade in. my ins. Card came with 1yr exp.This was not deliberate & unintentional A lot OF THINGS HAVE HAPPENED IN THE PAST 8 MONTH to my family, single mother 4 lost my job,daughter who is 14 has psych issues 2 make long story short she was suicidal placed in behavoral healthhosp. Come 2 learn she was raped at 12, at 14 had exposure to HIV by 19YR OLD GUY who KNEW he was infected,(AND HES IN JAIL FOR IT! ) so with everythng going on in my life & also foundout my dad is terminaly ill pancreatic cancer,my head was in a spin,all I had my mind on was her and took care of my kids,dad ,rent & food. I was so wrapped up with my daughters probs I never looked at anythng else. So if that's a long story short with a lot of things in between to long to mention. I over looked myself and other responsibilities, but that's about it,pulledover got tickets 4 no ins,n susp. reg. IDK I see a lot of thing onsites that say, loss of lic 1yr,jail time, community serv,IDK I'm scared to death and sick over it. The judge and prosc. Won't give a crap about why,just that I did! N I have been driving for 27yrs clean! That's the Truth
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 23, 2010, 09:47 AM

Hello again, a:

Just tell the judge what you said here, and, as long as you can show him that your insurance is current, he'll probably dismiss the charges.

excon

May 23, 2010, 09:48 AM

Thanks for being so nice, hope the judge is as understanding!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 23, 2010, 10:05 AM

First, this site does not allow chat or text speak. We type in full words and sentences here.

Most of the time a ticket for expired insurance is dismissed if you can show that you have coverage. The same is true of an expired registration.

But if the registration was "suspended" it depends on WHY it was suspended. But its still only a traffic violation.

May 23, 2010, 10:11 AM

SORRY IM A NEW USER.. and I didn't know proper ediquett for this site, and just trying to get proper answers to my questions.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 23, 2010, 10:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ains711 View Post
    SORRY IM A NEW USER.. and i didint know proper ediquett for this site, and just trying to get proper answers to my questions.
    I understand that, but if you had read the rules when you first signed up as you were prompted to, you would have known the proper etiquette.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 23, 2010, 11:18 AM

First you have two issues, one is the court and the other the DMV rules, There are some tickets that automatically trigger action from the DMV to susspend your license.

In GA as most states there is no for sure, since the judge can waive and rule as they want. Normally if there is no insurance, if you have insurance at the time of court, it will go a lot better on you.

Normally a very large fine and a lecture by the judge on insurance.
    In some places they suspend your license for a year.

If there was a wreck, then it turns more seroius and your license is almost always suspended till all the damage to the other party is paid.

May 23, 2010, 07:01 PM

Thank you. Appreciate your time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anyone know the penalties? [ 4 Answers ]

Live in Texas. (Henderson county). Ex is convicted felon. (served 3 years-off paper now) Has had numerous run-ins with the law since being released (DUI x2, deadly conduct -before prison term. After release-failure to appear at theft by check hearing, possession of dangerous drug (pled guilty),no...

Alabama penalties [ 4 Answers ]

What is the penalties for shoplifting in jefferson county Alabama?

Non Custodial Penalties? [ 1 Answers ]

What do you do when the non custodial parent violates court order for visititation??

401k penalties [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I just found out that my plant is closing within a yr. Was wondering about my 401k. I know there are penalties to pay for taking it out eary, but is there any kind of hardship thing to reduce that? If not, how much of a penalty is it, and if my 401k is worth 12000 dollars , how much of it...

Never heard these 2 songs on the radio and no DJs could give me a definite answer. [ 1 Answers ]

I heard these 2 songs being played on Oceanic Cable Channel 12 Programs Listing on the Island of Oahu, Hawaii. I have never heard it played on any of the local radio stations. When I did hear it being played I called several DJs but none of them could give me a definite answer. The 1st song starts...

View more questions Search