Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kevinbarnard Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2010, 05:17 PM
    What is improper service by a process server?
    I was not home when the process server came to the door. My downstairs neighbor let the server in and the server left the summons on my stairs. Is this being properly served?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 22, 2010, 05:58 PM

What does it matter? You have the summons, are you going to claim you don't? Trying to claim improper service is just a delaying tactic. Its one thing to claim it if a default judgment was entered because you were unaware of the suit. But you are aware of it now so deal with it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 22, 2010, 06:11 PM

Improper will depend on where you live, often posting it on the door or in this case on the stairs you had to walk up, knowing you lived there would be good service in many places

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Improper Service of Summons and Complaint [ 2 Answers ]

Recently a levy was placed on my bank account. I was in shock because I had no prior notice. I contact the lawyers and they had my maiden name and correct social secuirty number. But the address was incorrect. They claimed they sent the information to this address but I've never lived there. I...

Process server lied about service date! [ 3 Answers ]

I was recently served an Unlawful Detainer by the son of the Landlords attorney. He served me on the 18th of April but claimed to the court through his documentation that he served me on the 16th! When I went to the court house to file my Answer to the Unlawful Detainer the clerk told me a Default...

Improper Service [ 6 Answers ]

I have a mail box at a street address that I infrequently visit and found a summons in my box. Does this not constitute improper service? Thanks, John

View more questions Search