Is an olive a vegetable or a fruit in origon
    Is the olive a vegtale or a fruit
    gillunatic Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2010, 01:18 AM
    What category is the olive a fruit or a vegtabel
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

May 22, 2010, 01:50 AM

It's a fruit. A good rule of thumb is that most vegatables grow underground. Fruit grow on trees or vines.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

May 22, 2010, 01:59 AM

Yes, it is a fruit.

Also anything with pits or seeds. Are fruits.
    gnahcd Posts: 215, Reputation: 39

Jun 10, 2010, 09:08 AM

An olive is a fruit.

Fruits are the reproductive product of flowers and will contain the seeds of the plant. Some "vegetables" that are actually fruits are zuchinni, eggplant, and tomato. Perhaps because they are not sweet they get classed with vegetables, but botanically speaking they are fruits.

Vegetables can include above ground parts, like the leaves and stems. For instance, celery and lettuce are vegetables.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Olive tone, want to be fair by march! [ 30 Answers ]

I am new to this forum.. I read a lot of reviews about lighteneing products. A lot of people seemed to like fair & flawless. However, I read reviews by some that after they stopped using it, their skin became darker than before. I don't understand why that happens (if they are being honest) because...

Tree with compound leaf and green fruit. Fruit is a drupe. The fruit as Rhamnus but l [ 1 Answers ]

A Tree with compound leaf and green fruit. Fruit is a drupe. The fruit as Rhamnus but leaf nut. I want its name.

Grass in my Vegetable Garden [ 3 Answers ]

Every year I add cow manure and peat to my vegetable garden and then till the soil until it is well mixed and soft. For the last two years we have had a lot of grass growning in the garden. It is now May and the grass in the garden is growing like mad. Does anyone have any suggestions on getting...

Monobenzone on olive skin [ 4 Answers ]

Hey Guys/Girls/Ladies, I have been reading about the things on skin lightening section for a while... And as far as I remember, there are some members like Vahid, sara_uk and ligtherr Who has had some good experience with monobenzone... To them and also to the rest of the forum members, I...

Olive oil on hair [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know if 100% olive oil is good to use for hair growth? A girl I went to school with uses the cooking olive oil on her and her daughter's hair and their hair as grown really fast.

View more questions Search