rishuguglu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2010, 08:38 PM
    How statistics is useful for managers
    How statistics is useful for managers
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 21, 2010, 08:42 PM
    Hi, rishuguglu!

What kind of statistics for what kind of managers, please?

Thanks!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

May 21, 2010, 09:23 PM

This sounds like a homework question Clough.
    Uber Member

May 21, 2010, 09:44 PM
    Hi, Stringer!

It could very well be!

If so, I would hope that rishuguglu would welcome the opportunity to be able to figure out the answer with some helpful guidance!

Wouldn't you say that you and I are managers in a number of ways because of what we do in the course of making a living for ourselves?

Thanks!
    Business Expert

May 21, 2010, 10:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, Stringer!

It could very well be!

If so, I would hope that rishuguglu would welcome the opportunity to be able to figure out the answer with some helpful guidance!

Wouldn't you say that you and I are managers in a number of ways because of what we do in the course of making a living for ourselves?

Thanks!
    Absolutely Clough and good management skills are vital.
    Uber Member

May 21, 2010, 10:31 PM
    One way that I use statistics during my business, is that I know that I'm more likely to find more customers for piano tuning when the temperature outside has just settled in to being hot or being cold.

For instance, at the start of the summer and during the start of the winter.

Now, you're more so a manager of people than I am. What sort of statistics might you use in the management of your personnel please, Stringer?

Thanks!
    Business Expert

May 21, 2010, 10:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    One way that I use statistics during the course of my business, is that I know that I'm more likely to find more customers for piano tuning when the temperature outside has just settled in to being hot or being cold.

For instance, at the start of the summer and during the start of the winter.

Now, you're more so a manager of people than I am. What sort of statistics might you use in the management of your personnel please, Stringer?

Thanks!
    I'll give you this; when one of our major contracts was up for review they were set to try their best to get major concessions from us by bringing up instances where they thought were issues without resolution. I prepared by going back to all my emails, faxes, documented messages, etc. And then I did a bar graph indicating comparisons of issues to results, problems to solutions, complements to criticisms, etc. All results indicated that we were performing way above expected and quickly eroded their dissensions. Allowing us to make some concessions on our terms and still receive a 5% increase in the contract monies.

Night now.

Stringer
    Uber Member

May 21, 2010, 10:49 PM
    Yes, I agree! It is "night now", Stringer! :D

When you have the time, would you please describe to me how you put together a bar graph of what you just described?

Seems to me, that something like that would be very useful when looking at things in a statistical way!

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How is statistics useful for modern managers? Give examples and explain [ 2 Answers ]

How is statistics useful for modern managers? Give examples and explain

Financial managers [ 2 Answers ]

How can a financial manager at a non-profit make better use of Internet and World-Wide Web (www) capabilities to enhance the financial position of the organization?

Ways IT can help managers [ 3 Answers ]

Hello guys, I would be very grateful if you could help me know: 1. Ways Information Technology can help managers fulfil their responsibilities. 2. Functions of operating system Any answer from you good people would be very much appreciated and thanks.

View more questions Search