Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dentsrun Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2010, 07:08 PM
    I can only get hot water no cold from the single handed shower control.
    I get no cold water from my single handed shower control.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2010, 02:07 AM
    I just rebuilt the single handle system here.It seems the mixer had developed some residue and the 'flutter valve' was not allowing the flow to occur.

Unless you are prepared to replace the handle,I would suggest not taking it apart yourself,this can be very tricky.I found the handle schematics online and saw what I needed to understand before I began.

I did this because a new handle system would cost somewhere around $400,I would rather try to fix something first.
    CHayn Posts: 177, Reputation: 10

May 22, 2010, 05:47 AM

Is this a new situation? IF so you most likely need to replace the cartridge. Do you know the brand name of your faucet?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have no hot water from my bathroom single control fauce [ 1 Answers ]

I have no hot water from my bathroom tub single control kohier fauce

No hot water in shower and water heater affects both cold and hot water flow [ 1 Answers ]

1. No hot water coming from shower even though there is hot water coming from face basin in same bathroom and throughout the house( moen plumbing) 2. when water heater valve to house is turned off the cold water and hot water from shower does not flow, yet in other faucets throughout the house...

Low pressure in shower both hot and cold side. New hot water heater, new shower, [ 2 Answers ]

I have no water pressure in my new shower. I have a new hot water heater, new shower fixture, new plumbing. Please tell me what the problem is.

One handle hot and cold water shower and tub control [ 1 Answers ]

I have a one handle that controles my shower and tub to turn on my shower when I pull up on handle that is on top of faucet to send the water up to the shower not much come's out of the shower head and it still comes out of the faucet are the gut's hard to replace and how do I do it sometimes it is...

View more questions Search